Review: Rocket Sport Dryer

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
I love my rocket dryer, but a quick question @nightfighter. Did the arms on your dryer have holes on the nubs underneath for the hooks? It looked like mine was supposed to, but they were solid so I just took five minutes with a drill...but wondered if I got mine like that in error.

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
Got one. Used it three times post game with great success. My wife with super sensitive nose comments there's way less odour from my gear.

For family/marriage sake, does anyone also spray their gear before/after using the rocket dryer? Gear is way less smelly, but if I could get it even less stinky that's be great.

Foot note, also soaked my gear in the tub with a cup of oxyclean (except gloves, helmet, skates) to get out all the sweat residue so the smellies don't have as much food to work off. Then used the dryer to completely dry out in 2/3 hours.

Haven't used dryer on skates as not sure about the heat. But everything else has been game, including jerseys, and comes out dry as a bone and far less stinky.

Currently in my office, but will be moving to in suite storage room. The vertical foot print is perfect for reducing sq ft of gear storage.

redbranch

Sep 24, 2007
bridgewater,nj
I do spray mine down before putting it in. The dryer won't make the gear smell less, just keep it from smelling more. If your gear reeks, clean it then start using the dryer. I do put skates in it, they've been fine

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I know it`s been years since anyone posted on here about the Rocket Dryer but i`ve just discovered it so i`m curious who out there has or is using it.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I've used mine 3-4 times a week for 2.5 years and it's worked perfectly. I put my entire complement of goalie gear in there excepting my mask, leg pads, and skates.

jlt73

Jan 21, 2016
Noblesville, Indiana
I have one and use it once a month or so. It dries everything real nice. My only complaint if that two of the plastic arms have broken off and will not hold anything when placed back.

American in Paris

Feb 15, 2013
I hang my stuff on a heated towel rack in the bathroom. It dries so fast, bacteria doesn't really have a chance to grow. I spray it down with a bit of anti-bacterial mist just in case. I have the least stinky gear of anyone in the locker room.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
I've used mine a couple of times a week for 3 years now. Can't imagine not having it.

ekm01

Sep 24, 2014
In the summer months, I don't use my rocket dryer due to the heat. More heat in an already unbearably hot house is no fun. It's nice in the winter though. Kind of like a little space heater while the gear dries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad