Speculation: Revamping Management and Turning Stones

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Like i said for Lefebvre, it's much more about who's coming in than it is about who's going out. I don't want lateral moves, i expect a change in the philosophy...not just some french name hire to calm the Fans down.

Marc Bergevin - Defense
Claude Julien - Defense
Larry Carrière - Defense
JJ Daignault - Defense
Francis Bouillon - Defense
Rob Ramage - Defense
Sylvain Lefebvre - Defense
Michel Therrien - Defense

Martin Lapointe - Middle-six grinder
Scott Melanby - Middle-six grinder
Dan Lacroix - Middle-six grinder
Rick Dudley - Grinder
Shane Churla - Grinder

Then we shouldn't be surprise that this organisation value grinders more than skills and that everything has to be defense first. Bunch of ex-Dmen and Ex-Grinder are running this organisation top to bottom.

No wonders why they chose guys like Julien or Therrien and goes out of their way to get players like Shaw and Alzner. And no suprise they traded Weber for Subban.

Muller is probably feeling alone in there...

I expect this mentality to change. Hire some offensive-minded poeple....Like Yzerman/Verbeek/Kurvers in Tampa. This will matter a lot more than just firing poeple. And of course, on-ice move will be even more critical for Bergevin.
Oh my goodness! Only fkn staff that were pointless makers only penalty minutes! Geez what a dumb run by dumb organization! I thought this was professional hockey league? No wonder we have so many grinders/power forwards and mostly overpaid f***ing dmens this is ludacris! Wow no wonder it explains why we have power forwards and or grinders now I finally get it! Bunch of idiot runners hence we haven't found a top centre for many years and years and years! Honestly get rid of bergevin and whoever he hired! Embarrassing and childish.

Reactions: Milhouse40

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I have nothing to do with these people! :D
We need brisbois back! We need help, we need help help help help it will go on forever! Brisbois and Bouchard and ducharme needs to come to habs organization and completely make us a hockey again!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We need brisbois back! We need help, we need help help help help it will go on forever! Brisbois and Bouchard and ducharme needs to come to habs organization and completely make us a hockey again!

We're another down season away from a GM change, however BriseBois may land somewhere else by then.

Bouchard and Ducharme are more realistic targets but even they are getting offers from other organizations.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We're another down season away from a GM change, however BriseBois may land somewhere else by then.

Bouchard and Ducharme are more realistic targets but even they are getting offers from other organizations.

We say this at each year and he is still there

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We say this at each year and he is still there

Doesn't mean he'll still be there when the time comes. Timing is everything and every assistant GM doesn't dream of remaining in the position -- they ultimately want to run their own show. BriseBois is more than ready for the right offer. We're not exactly in a position of being able to hire whoever we want. He's the only qualified GM who meets the criteria this ownership group values. You lose him, who else is there? The ownership group is playing with fire.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Doesn't mean he'll still be there when the time comes. Timing is everything and every assistant GM doesn't dream of remaining in the position -- they ultimately want to run their own show. BriseBois is more than ready for the right offer. We're not exactly in a position of being able to hire whoever we want. He's the only qualified GM who meets the criteria this ownership group values. You lose him, who else is there? The ownership group is playing with fire.

yep but where ? he is not in the candidate for the Wild job so where can he go

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As mentioned in the OP, BriseBois is on the Isles' list:

Since current Islanders President/GM/Alternate Governor Garth Snow has not been relieved of his duties more than a week since the end of another disastrous season, it is believed that the new hire would become Islanders GM while Snow would remain President (or given a new title).

The process includes asking other NHL teams for permission to speak to some of their executives. Among those expected to be on Malkin and Ledecky's list of highly-regarded hockey people to interview are Julian BriseBois (Lightning), Paul Fenton (Predators), and Tom Fitzgerald (Devils), who are assistant general managers with their respective clubs.

Islanders looking to hire top hockey executive

Jul 6, 2016

Bouchard and Ducharme must learn at AHL level for the time being.

Habs need real NHL pro potential GM. And that is why Julien BriseBois should be the target. And lots of teams are seeking him too.

Roy is looking for a job with The Quebec Remparts right now. So, it won't be him.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bouchard and Ducharme must learn at AHL level for the time being.

Habs need real NHL pro potential GM. And that is why Julien BriseBois should be the target.

Roy is looking for a job with The Quebec Remparts right now. So, it won't be him.

and personally, Roy is not in my list

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting comment from the Wild and what would have happened if they had held on to their GM:

Where is the Habs' "new set of eyes"? And clearly, Bergevin has ownership over the current roster -- all but 3 players were acquired prior to the Bergevin era. How likely is Bergevin going to jettison players that not so long ago, he has deemed to be a core part of his failed plan?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: