Player Discussion: Retool/ Rebuild: Which 3 do you keep?

If the Jets go retool/ rebuild, which 3 do you keep?

• Rittich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pionk

• Stanley

• Schmidt

• Dillon

• Capobianco

• Demelo

• Wheeler

• Maenalanen

• Jonsson-Fjallby

• Kuhlman

• Stenlund

• Appleton

• Gagner

• Harkins

• Toninato

• Gustafsson

• Total voters

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I voted Barron, Names, and Nino.

Two veteran players who gave a shit, and a player who gave up his face. That's the beginnings of a good culture.

Everyone else can get the hell out.

Reactions: fmrdh

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
My three were Morrissey, Lowry and Perfetti. No need to explain why I chose Morrissey or Lowry (our only two real leaders who aren’t a senior citizen in hockey years). Perfetti represents hope for the future. My comments on some notables who didn’t make the list are as follows:

Quitter who wants out anyways: PLD
Courageous but old and slow: Wheeler
Pouter who will never learn defense: Scheifele
Great but will bring us a king’s ransom in a trade: Hellebuyck
Not built for the playoffs: Conner and Ehlers
Not a very good player: the vastly overrated Samberg
Forever mistake prone: Pionk and Schimdt
Doesn’t move the needle: Appleton
Failed the audition: Stanley

Please note that this survey only offered us three keepers. I would also add the following:

Barron: skilled with a decently high ceiling.
Dillon: only other tough guy other than Lowry.
Nino: Good depth player on good contract.
Names: Swiss Army knife.

The loot we could get for some of our players (Hellebuyck, Scheifele, PLD, Conner, Ehlers) should be substantial enough to keep us a playoff team, only with a much higher ceiling. That is only if we get playoff performers in return. Our team this year would be great for a game of shinny, but little more.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I would offer Samberg a Buffalo Sabre Samuelson contract…… Which has a high degree of risk and rewards for both the team and player.

Samberg would have a huge career safety net and lifetime security with such a contract.

7 -8 years of Steady and improving Defensenan stability with Sam-Berg and Morrissey on the back end would be great for Jets if they rebuild or re-tool.

Risk Jets have is he does not continue to improve and we have an over priced contract Reward is the jets get a Carolina Peece or Slavin . Type player contract that offers great contract / team stability.

Morrissey is future of this team and I hope he is a Jet for life.Always comes to play, good common sense/ Smart on the ice and off not just a player ( honor student) / Norris trophy level player this year. Possible Yzerman career path with this organization that can stabilize a franchise future.

In a perfect world after stabilizing the backend for the future…. If the above 2 players workout to high levels that I set….. U would either Stabilize your goaltending or Centre position.

I once had the same thoughts on Schiefele that I did for Morrissey above as a lifetime player. If he was the same player he was in the Nashville playoff series from 2017 I would be all in.

Unfortunately I think our team got screwed by the Woke league and media in the Schiefele /Evans Montreal hit.

The league contradicted themselves I. That a player has to at the very least not be stupid and put themselves in an overly vulnerable position that can get themselves hurt.

Evans as a pro should know not to skate in to the most contested area of the ice / against the grain / traffic, with his head down not once even looking for where any pressure is coming from when he knows the net is empty and their is an extra player on the ice. With the game on the line at a pivotal moment.

Schiefele did the right thing as the first player back I take the body dislodge the puck and the rest of the team skates back up the ice 5-4. The league immediately stated that the mechanics of Sciefeles hit was clean but will investigate the charging aspect. The vague wording of the Charging rule allowed the league to Railroad Schiefele and screw over the Jets Franchise in favour of the cry baby Montreal fans. If you watch the replay Schiefele does not take 1 skating stride from the blue line in….. how can that be a charging hit at the goal line.

Jets management and ownership left Schiefele out to dry / the NHL wrongly persecuted him and he has not been the same since being suspended and left out to dry.

We move on from Schiefele.

If we could get PLD to commit and buy in…. And be the best he could be for this franchise long term….. that would be key. As it would tell the whole league the jets are not rebuilding and it would entice other players to stay and commit to the Jets.

Hellybuck we move on from as I do not want a Montreal ( Price) situation. I would keep him if the above signing of PLD motivated him to the point that he chooses to stay because he thinks he can win here on a 5 year contract….. which would be 6 years as he still owes us 1 year on his present deal.

Wheeler would have to go…. As the only way PLD stays if he’s the man….. and old man wheeler would get in the way of that. (If you’re not part of the solution …. You’re part of the problem. I appreciate Wheelers time here….., and his contributions. But when he signed his extension it was 2 years too long. Wheeler stuck us with the bill and we are paying for his previous years service o. The last 2 years … this past year and 1 more next [email protected] mill.

Retain 1/2 his salary and trade him for a 2 nd….. to a contender. (paul Maurice May have some clout now (Boston) in Florida to be able to bring back his favorite player.) And Wheeler would waive his nmc for Florida weather and Taxes and a coach that would kiss his ass again.

So
-Morrissey
-Samberg
-PLD

Obviously u can’t win with 3 players only. But retaining these 3 players long term will entice others to join or re up with the Jets re-tool!

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
To the OP, this is an awesome experiment.

3 picks is smart, because you will see a stark (ON/OFF) effect of selection pressure, which tells you a lot about perceptions of indispensibility.

That said:

I would *love* to see the pattern of distribution in 3 picks vs 4 or 5 picks allowed. There you would begin to see a more even bell curve distribution, I would suggest.
Likely the best mechanism to achieve this is in a seperate thread, if the mods go for it.

Morrissey
Samberg
Perfetti

Really would have liked to have kept Barron and Lowry on the list, Ehlers as well.
To the OP - @buggs comment illustrates what I am alluding to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad