Reto Berra Come Entry Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volsus

Feb 10, 2006
Concerning Reto Berra, I was wondering if anyone had some more in-depth information on him, have seen him play, etc.

I was curious as to what most thought of this young Swiss goalies potential, and where in the entry draft he would be likely to get selected? I've read some good things on him so far, his play in the recent WJC specifically. Anyone following this young puck-stopper?

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
I've been trying to follow him as of late but cant get much info on him. I project him to go somewhere in the 4th or 5th round. After seeing him play at WJHC's I think this guy can be the steal of the draft in later rounds.

Volsus

Feb 10, 2006
Thanks for the replies guys. All the statistics i've run across seem to be half complete at best, I guess we'll have to wait for some more thorough profiling closer to the draft.

I see that on the CSS 2006 Midterm rankings of European goalies he is ranked second overall. Also that he had shutouts at the U18 and WJC tournaments, and the more recent WJC he seems to have had at least one and a save% of .910

A Good Flying Bird*

Volsus said:
Concerning Reto Berra, I was wondering if anyone had some more in-depth information on him, have seen him play, etc.

I was curious as to what most thought of this young Swiss goalies potential, and where in the entry draft he would be likely to get selected? I've read some good things on him so far, his play in the recent WJC specifically. Anyone following this young puck-stopper?

I took Berra in mock drafts last season after seeing him play at the U18s in Ann Arbor.
He was the only reason the Swiss were even close in the games.
Big. Agile. Controls rebounds. Good positioning.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
he's a guy I'd honestly love to see Carolina take in the 4th round (possibly even the 3rd). Definitely an eye-opener to see his stats from the WJC.

twelve

May 19, 2005
Berra was starter for the first time in the NLA during the last game the ZSC Lions played in the qualifiers. The reason for this was that the coach wanted to get one more roster spot open for a foreign field player which meant not letting Ari Sulander play (I suppose you know of him).

I didn't see all of the game, but I got the impression that Berra wasn't at all intimidated by his task and his opponents, and he made some really neat saves.

According to the Lions-site, Berra played twice, got an average of 2 goals with a save-percentage of 91.304 and 1 shutout.

Last edited:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Leachmeister2000 said:
Wasn't he eligible last year? I'm pretty sure I saw him ranked sometime last season by CSB.
Ditto. If he is going to be a steal in the 4th/5th round range someone will step up and pick him sooner. :innocent:

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I was extremely high on him last year when he was eligible for the first time. Monster keeper, tremendous head for the game, very good technical skills. He's like the European version of Ben Bishop, but far ahead in development.

As I said last year in my steals and sleepers guide, the Swiss league has become known for producing less-than-expected talent when thrown up against higher level competition. The WJCs changed that perspective about Berra, though.

A Good Flying Bird*

Le Golie said:
Good old HFboards. Don't expect that to be an accurate reflection of real life.

I picked him in the 7th round last year.
My steal of my mock draft so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad