Post-Game Talk: Rested Jets 4 Tanking Hawks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Did we get a list of scouts who were at this game?
4BF74566-D78C-4130-ACA2-A976F1166B0C.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Samberg took a good shot right to the family jewels, just like Wheeler did, so I hope he's OK. It wasn't a blistering hard slap shot but hard enough to hurt like hell, and possibly cause some damage. I can see why these guys wear a cup, coz if they didn't that could really cause some damage. I think he'll be ok, as he did skate off on his own steam.
It appeared a little less damage was done to Samberg.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Lowry and Barron, need to spend 1/2 an hour after each game, doing target practise shooting at least 50 pucks after each game at targets.(serious here) Both those guys have terrible finishing hands, even with an "empty net."

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
It sure is nice to get back to watching the Jets play instead of cleaning my basement. More Jets games please, it's too much work! Since I actually stayed awake for this one, but missed the pre-game ceremony due to a nap, I will give this game three Bollywood dance routines out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The game was boring and Garry Galley was brutal, but a win is a win, so we can't complain too much...unless you are Snerg...ouch...

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against Seattle with a new leader on top, so check it out... I know I sound like a broken record, but don't forget to sign up to make your own GDT like @hockeyarena did! Thanks again, that was great! I will be making the next one against the Krakenheads on Tuesday. See you then...

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
We went into this game bordering on 4:1 favorites straight up, 8:5 favorites to win by 2 or more, and we beat them by 3; where's the part that we failed?

I didn't say it was a bad game. There was some lack of sharpness. Chemistry was a bit off. They did enough to beat a bad team. Replicate tonight's effort against a mediocre or better team and I'm not sure they necessarily win. Both C+ or B are passing grades. I'm ok with this effort

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Good: I like the confidence of Rick Bowness to start the game with Dillon and Samberg on defense, and give that pairing 2 of the first 3 shifts. Samberg doesn't look out of place on his offside, his skating is definitely an asset for this defense. He stepped up tonight.

Josh Morrissey showed his all star skills tonight.

Blake Wheeler is a good lesson that losing the legs doesn't necessarily mean the end of your career if you have good hands, and vision. Early in his career he didn't like going to the net on the PP, later in his career he's leading by example on the ice. He's still the best player to put passes in Scheifele's wheelhouse.

Hellebuyck was dialed in.

Bad: Neal Pionk was an anchor to Josh Morrissey tonight at times. Not his best game of the year by any means.

The ugly: some pretty nasty bumps and bruises tonight for the defense. Kind of a freak game with Mrazek getting shot in the head repeatedly, pucks and sticks in the faces and jewels.

Late start, but against a marquee franchise, coast to coast on HNIC, celebrating diversity, a good night all in all for Winnipeg and Jets fans. Worth staying up for after being tortured with a prolonged absence.

Max Domi I thought had a pretty strong game for the Black Hawks. He's had success before with Richardson as a coach, and I wouldn't be surprised if he signs in Chicago long term. If he's available at the tradeline though, I think he'll get some interest, maybe even from the Jets.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Why not? Our Canadian minesweepers have been shadowing Chinese subs off the west coast for decades..
Maybe I shouldn’t have said that..
PgXRGsc.gif

Jets a little rusty but a 4-1 win is always nice. Now lets see if the Dude can do his victory dance without hurting himself because it's been a while.:laugh:

giphy.gif

Glad to see the dance, but I beg you caution of those rampant thrusts with heavy tools dude.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A bad case of "iwantbedard"

It's wrecking havoc this year.

There are some other goodies at the top of this draft too so if teams are going to unload assets to try to downgrade their teams ability to win games, this is the season for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Was on a father son ice fishing trip at my cottage and we had a chance to sit and watch the Jets game after eating our catch. Very memorable day and evening for the eight of us.

Yes we were understandably rusty so what perfect timing to get Chicago at home.

Found a way to win with a late comeback going into the break. Last night we found a way to use our finishing talent and goaltending to win after a way too long mid season lay off. The positive moments ending in wins that use to end in losses previously keep adding up this season.

Fun season to be a Jets fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad