Post-Game Talk: Rested Jets 4 Tanking Hawks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If he has been traded he would have been playing for us, not sitting out
Could be ? however maybe Chevy said, until we work out the final financial details, I don't want him playing. You never really know, and just a guess on my part.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
To be fair to Galley, I really have not been impressed with any SN colour guys, which can really elevate a otherwise average broadcast. The Winnipeg guy who was here for the first few seasons and went to Vegas is probably the best example of this. No one I've heard in hockey aside from maybe Ferraro comes close.

Thats probably a function of trying to run 3-man booths for so long, which quite simply do not work.

At least they've finally let pxp guys do their job instead of "telling the stories behind the players" as was so clearly the edict in the early days of SN's exclusive deal. The games these days, from the intermission, to the presentation, to even the direction, are a million times better.

Galley's definitely not my favourite, but that's due to my preferences for style - not his skills as a broadcaster. In general he's got really good fundamentals, (as you would expect for a top-level HNIC guy) and comes across as a seasoned pro to me (who I would call an amateur pxp guy).

He needs a bit more seasoning to get the flair that really great pxp men of the past have had (Cole was/is unmatched at this, only vin scully compares IMO), and i think he could have a better sense of the moment - Cuthbert calling CFL games, and Tony Schiovone calling AEW were/are amazing with this aspect, but that only comes with decades of experience and dedication to become that top-level guy.

Sometimes I hear guys/girls and it's clear they are inexperienced, or at least stayed in a inexperienced phase of their skillet, and didn't get over some hurdles that every pxp guy has to get over.

If you're watching at home, the biggest sign for me is repetitive word choice.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think Towes didn't play for a reason, and likely he's been traded and maybe to the Jets, and part of the deal, was he ceases to play. I think behind the scenes Chevy has been dealing on Towes and Meier. If Chevy thinks we're losing Dubois, I think he'll try very hard to land Meier, who would replace Dubois. We could win the Cup by adding those 2 players.
There you have it, Meier is playing center for us next year!!!!!!!

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I just don't understand the boner for Kuhlman
I gave up trying to understand them before I finished high school.

Some boys will claim they can't help themselves, they don't know what caused it, or will claim it's not in relation to you.

You can ignore it, or enjoy it, or act disgusted by it, or whatever you choose but trying to understand what causes some of them is beyond the scope of humankind, male and female.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Seattle will be a tough out for the Jets.
Perfetti vs Benier rookie matchup... maybe.
I think Benier took a nasty puck to the knee on the weekend and may or may not be playing.

Hopefully we are up to the task.
The lines at practice seem close to optimal so that can give us hope!

Reactions: Inanna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad