Player Discussion Resign Kevin Rooney, UFA at season ends

Resign Kevin Rooney, UFA at season ends, 2 or 3 year deal at a little raise from his contract.

• Total voters

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I think Rooney is a better player than Goodrow, overall. That contract he got looks worse every game I watch.
Yes, I was saying the same in August. He's the better 200-ft player and people here are confused when they advocate 1-2 years @ 1.5M.

This could be a Goodrow/Coleman situation. The Goodrow contract was ridiculous off the jump but now we're seeing what he is, a $4M 4th liner.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I like Rooney. He was a great signing but a team will overpay him in UFA. Let him get his money.

Goodrow will be our overpaid 4C. Or at least I think we're better with Goodrow on the 4th.

Hunt Goodrow Reaves our 4th for next year. We cant overpay for Rooney. Every dollar will count.

Reactions: DanishRanger

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Obviously price has to be right, but kinda crazy how quickly people forget just how much trouble we've had building a decent bottom 6. We should try to keep him.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
I voted no
Im not going to overreact to a great game.
I like Roo
But we have Barron waiting in the wings and i want him to work out as a C with the plethora of LWs we have in the system

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad