Reprecussions of "loading up"

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
I know the Oil Kings had a miserable season after going for it last year. But how will the Kamloops Blazers look?

Gone for sure

Ryan Hofer, Ethan Brandwood, Daylan Kuefler, Logan Stankoven

Probables

Caedan Bankier, Kyle Masters, Olen Zellweger

Overagers

Matthew Seminoff, Dylan Sydor, LogaSydor-n Bairos

Out

Ashton Ferster, Matthew Kieper to make way for Jesse Sanche

Rookies

SullivAshton Tait, Max Sullivan, Nathan Behm, Jesse Sanche, Luke Korte, Connor Radke

Line-Up

Seminoff-Minten-Tait
Sullivan-Finnie-Levis
Van Olm-Sydor_Behm

Bairos-Brunicke
Michael-Nolan
Euro-Anderlini

Ernst
Sanche

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
All you gotta do is look at Swift Current the two years after they won and Edmonton this season. That's the price you pay for pushing all your chips into the middle.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Gone for sure:
20s: Luke Prokop, Jared Davidson, Kyle Crnkovic
Non 20s: Dylan Guenther, Nolan Allan

Likely Gone: Brad Lambert Colton Dach Thomas Milic (trade) Reid Schaefer Lucas Ciona

Overagers: Jordan Gustafson, Jeremy Hanzel

If we lose everyone Lines:

Nico Myatovic - Jordan Gustafson - Iginla
Dunn - Sawchyn - Cootes

D and Goalie would be our strong points

Korchinski - Hanzel
Mynio - Pickford/Davidson

G: Ratzlaff

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
All you gotta do is look at Swift Current the two years after they won and Edmonton this season. That's the price you pay for pushing all your chips into the middle.
Selfishly as an Oil Kings fan I’ll take the three championships in the past ten seasons if it means suffering through a season like this one. Going all in is a risk that pays dividends for some teams.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Selfishly as an Oil Kings fan I’ll take the three championships in the past ten seasons if it means suffering through a season like this one. Going all in is a risk that pays dividends for some teams.

Yup its this. If you have a shot, you need to really shoot your shot. Even though the Birds will lose a lot next year, there is enough coming back to maybe even make another run next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I know the Oil Kings had a miserable season after going for it last year. But how will the Kamloops Blazers look?

Gone for sure

Ryan Hofer, Ethan Brandwood, Daylan Kuefler, Logan Stankoven

Probables

Caedan Bankier, Kyle Masters, Olen Zellweger

Overagers

Matthew Seminoff, Dylan Sydor, LogaSydor-n Bairos

Out

Ashton Ferster, Matthew Kieper to make way for Jesse Sanche

Rookies

SullivAshton Tait, Max Sullivan, Nathan Behm, Jesse Sanche, Luke Korte, Connor Radke

Line-Up

Seminoff-Minten-Tait
Sullivan-Finnie-Levis
Van Olm-Sydor_Behm

Bairos-Brunicke
Michael-Nolan
Euro-Anderlini

Ernst
Sanche
Kamloops will definately have a rough go after this season for a while. In my opinion their best bet is to unload their better returning guys to try to recoup the draft picks they traded away. They are going to struggle next season as it is so unfortunately may as well unload guys for picks so then the rebuild isn't even longer. Not having 1st round draft picks in the draft is tough when trying to build a team... Especially when it's multiple years in a row of no high picks.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yup its this. If you have a shot, you need to really shoot your shot. Even though the Birds will lose a lot next year, there is enough coming back to maybe even make another run next year.
Seattle is in an interesting situation next year. They could potentially be pretty good still but like Kamloops, they are completely screwed for quite a few years with no draft picks... IMO LA Forge is one of the best GMs in the league and I'll be curious what he does.... Does he think they aren't good enough to do well in the playoffs and sell off his higher end guys like Korchinski, Myatovic etc and get prospects/picks back??? or just roll with what they have???. They need to recoup all those picks back somehow and I see them maybe rolling with what they got but then later in season unloading guys for massive returns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad