Reports on a few prospects

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

3) I'm pretty sure CGY has a lot of guys to sign this offseason and I'm guessing a couple will be good. My guess would be that Boyd is definitly next in line and should be up next season. I think Ryder would be the next up after Boyd, as soon as next year.

Don't forget Taratukhin who adjusted well in the AHL and was Omaha's best player in the second half while leading the team in scoring. He's a versatile guy that can play many different roles for the Flames. He has little more to prove in the AHL so if the Flames make him wait too long, he willg o back to Russia and never come back.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Voloshenko has the bust word written all over his face !!

I can be wrong, but I don't see how his game will translate in the NHL. Just my 2 cents

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Voloshenko has the bust word written all over his face !!

I can be wrong, but I don't see how his game will translate in the NHL. Just my 2 cents

i agree. i just dont see him making it. he will probably get a feaw games, but he will never be a regular.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Well actually the reason for him playing in Europe this year was the Islanders trying to lowball him in negotiations.

He has said many times, to the media and fansites that his goal is to get back to NHL.

He was far from lowballed, and he wanted a 1 way contract and thougth he deserved a spot with the Big club...He will be back next year for sure.

Super Berg

Oct 14, 2006
Ontario
If Fleischmann could play with more consistency at the NHL level, he'd have a great chance at locking up a roster spot with the Caps next year (depending on their other offseason moves, of course, including the possibility that he himself is dealt elsewhere). He had a four point game against Tampa Bay late in the season and seemed to be much more comfortable and confident with the big team during his last stretch with the Caps.

I saw him at the AHL allstar game in T.O. and he looked pretty good, speedy with an eye for making great passes. I think he ended the game with three assists (at least two of them first assists). I hope he sticks next year, as we can see by his four point game he can have moments of brilliance. As I recall the two goals he scored were off the rush and were real beauties.

:handclap: :handclap:

Super Berg

Oct 14, 2006
Ontario
He was far from lowballed, and he wanted a 1 way contract and thougth he deserved a spot with the Big club...He will be back next year for sure.

How did he do anyways? did he have an offensive role? otherwise I don't see the point of going to Europe other than using that as a ploy to get a one way contract.
Watch the same thing happen next year and ends up being "stuck" in Europe again

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Hensick is an Avalanche prospect right? He's probably be a Calder candidate in that case. They just seem to have a knack of drafting very good players, particularly US college players (Drury and Stastny anyone?).

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Bergenheim should be in the NHL, wasnt given a good enough chance with Islanders coaching staff who preferred the vets over the young guys this year.

Joe Ryan- like someone already mentioned, the next Aaron Miller

Grabovsky- a very quick, flashy, hardworking second liner. He is playing center now but i think he willp have more success on the wing

Lukas Kaspar- wont be anything more than a role player, third liner at best. Limited offensiver potential but plays very good on the penalty kill and in his own end, very relaible.

Letang- top pairing defenceman in a few years, will be in the big show next year and making an impact. A great steal for Pittsburgh in the third round.

Voloshenko- will be a bust. Never will transform into a big player in the NHL, headed back to Russia soon, i can almost gurantee

I too would like to know more about: Keith Seabrook, Michael Frolik, Marek Zagrapan, Kris Chucko, and Vladmir Zharkon. I want to hear more about there seasons this year.

Grabovski: you know...I'm starting to believe it, too!! Grabovski would be a great winger. But..., lots of us also want to see this:
Sergei Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Andrei Kostitsyn
So...does he stay at center?

Also, if you do the switch...Higgins would be a great center (been saying this for a long, long time, ever since I discovered that he played center before AHL, but it's also his style which is responsible defensively and also a great passer/shooter, can also kill penalties so well).

Letang's stock has climbed to 10th overall (if the Draft was redone...). According to Hockey News he should be a Penguins starter for next season.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
I've watched Kris Letang in Sydney for three games. He's a great player with NHL speed. But he's a headcase and has been booed by the Cape Breton crowd for constantly taking cheap shots at the eagles players and for sooking to the referee. I cant believe this guy was Captain of the WJC team

Bam Beet*

Hensick is an Avalanche prospect right? He's probably be a Calder candidate in that case. They just seem to have a knack of drafting very good players, particularly US college players (Drury and Stastny anyone?).

You forgot Liles :D

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
thanks a ton guys..

questions:

1. is voloshenko really that big of a bust. 1 bad year really makes him that bad?
2. whats kaspars mold like? niklas sundstrom?
3. any chance cgy releases a few ppl this offseason and allows guys like chucko and/or ryder to get into the fold? or is Boyd next in line?4. Is bergenheim a 90% chance at comming back person or is he staying put in europe?
5. Whats seabrooks style like? anything like his brother?

April 28th, 2nd heading down. So, yes.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad