Rene Lecavalier Division Quarterfinals: (4) ACB Bullies vs. (5) Haileybury Comets

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
Coach: Viktor Tikhonov

Joe Malone -- Stan Mikita (A) -- Marian Hossa
Brian Propp -- Joe Thornton -- Mike Bossy
John Tonelli -- Igor Larionov -- Peter Bondra
Mel Bridgman -- David Backes -- Claude Lemieux
Jason Arnott -- Claude Giroux

Jacques Laperierre -- Bill Gadsby
Harry Howell -- Kevin Hatcher
Lars-Erik Sjöberg -- Adam Foote
Yuri Liapkin --- Zinetula Bilyaletdinov

Henrik Lundqvist
Al Rollins

PP1:
Tonelli
Thornton - Mikita - Bossy
Gadsby

PP2:
Malone - Larionov - Bondra
Hatcher - Sjoberg

PK1:
David Backes -- Marian Hossa
Jacques Lapperriere -- Adam Foote

PK2:

vs.

200px-Halleyburyminers.jpg

Daniel Sedin-Mario Lemieux- Vyacheslav Starshinov
Woody Dumart- Milt Schmidt- Pavel Bure
Henrik Zetterberg- Jonathan Toews- Joey Mullen
Billy Burch-Joe Nieuwendyk- Ryan Kesler

Scott Stevens- Vladimir Konstantinov
Gary Suter- Bob Baun
J.C. Tremblay- P.K. Subban

Hap Holmes
Tom Barrasso

PP1

Sedin-Lemieux-Starshinov
Tremblay- Subban

PP2

Nieuwendyk
Burch-Schmidt-Bure
Suter

PK1

Zetterberg-Toews
Stevens-Konstantinov

PK2

Dumart-Kesler
Tremblay-Baun

Coach: Pat Burns
Captain: Scott Stevens
Alternates: Mario Lemieux, Milt Schmidt​

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Discussion starter:

Atlantic City: You've got a mixed-use 3rd line, and a decidedly offense-leaning guy as your #1D. Who deals with Mario?

Haileybury: In a battle of low-end goalies, I think you have the weaker one. How will your team tilt the ice enough to erase that disadvantage?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Id also like to hear from KF how he would stop Mario. Of course, Mario has been thrown to the Wolves by his hockey team so to speak with a second line soft LW and a bottom 6 player who has never even played RW in his life before.

I really think I could like Haileybury more with some lineup tweaks, but it seems a little late now. Another problem is Vladdy Konstantinov just doesn't cut it on the top pair, Stevens is a rock obviously but his puck moving isn't all that here, so it's not like Mario has his larry Murphy getting him the puck, either.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Id also like to hear from KF how he would stop Mario. Of course, Mario has been thrown to the Wolves by his hockey team so to speak with a second line soft LW and a bottom 6 player who has never even played RW in his life before.

I really think I could like Haileybury more with some lineup tweaks, but it seems a little late now. Another problem is Vladdy Konstantinov just doesn't cut it on the top pair, Stevens is a rock obviously but his puck moving isn't all that here, so it's not like Mario has his larry Murphy getting him the puck, either.

Sedin is probably fine on Marios wing but there should have been a better natural RW for sure.

overpass

Jun 7, 2007

Looks like a 1995-96 situation for Mario, playing with the 5th and 6th best forwards on the team at ES.

He'll still fill the net on the power play, as long as the refs don't put their whistles away.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Looks like a 1995-96 situation for Mario, playing with the 5th and 6th best forwards on the team at ES.

He'll still fill the net on the power play, as long as the refs don't put their whistles away.

Not at all. He has no Jagr to play with every now and then, and pad each other's stats on the powerplay (No idea why their second best offensive player Pavel Bure isn't on the top unit PP), there's no Sergei Zubov moving the puck from the backend. Not like 1996, Mario has to carry an enormous load here, thou8gh I'm sure Pavel Bure and him will be hooking up from time to time, even though they;re not playing together on any unit according to their lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad