Remember when the lounge used to be semi-decent?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I'm no fan of Cricket but the Lounge went to shit due to overzealous moderation, the presence of other chat mediums and the populace aging out, not because of Cricket. Cricket's harmless.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The Lounge went to shit due to none other than the person who was involved in causing two mass exodus.
I go back to 2005, and as a lurker back to 2003. The original exodus, the mass bannings that occurred around the time of HFBroads creation (eliminating many of the OG Lounge posters) started around that time and reached its peak around 2007. That's more of what I was referring to. Your generation of posters has more chat options than mine did at least.

The Lounge is awful now and the UT is a shadow of its former self. I may return to it some day but I might also be done for good. If it weren't for the football boards I might have deleted my account by now tbh since I watch almost no hockey anymore.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm no fan of Cricket but the Lounge went to shit due to overzealous moderation, the presence of other chat mediums and the populace aging out, not because of Cricket. Cricket's harmless.
The lounge turned to shit about 10 years ago.

Sorry but the lounge used to be about something now there is not a single usefull thread.

Back in the day there used to be a travel thread that was great about where to go, what to see and how to save money.

The lounge is just about padding post count now

Sep 19, 2008
The lounge turned to shit about 10 years ago.

Sorry but the lounge used to be about something now there is not a single usefull thread.

Back in the day there used to be a travel thread that was great about where to go, what to see and how to save money.

The lounge is just about padding post count now
yerp

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
snorting percs and posting on HF used to be the shit back in the day, NGL

also nonewbs/xerq and offtopic were fun as well, all of them turned to shit

the forums are dead

Sep 19, 2008
another issue is that people are less interested in message boards and more enamored with reddit. plus you have shit like "it's meme day" or whatever the caps do with that Wednesday crap. on hf such insolence would not be permitted

it's weird too because r/hockey is astronomically worse than hf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad