Rehab assignment possible for quick

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/12/31/rehab-assignment-possible-for-quick/

LA Kings Insider learned in a chat with Kings general manager Dean Lombardi last Saturday that Jonathan Quick, who suffered a Grade 2 groin strain on November 12 in Buffalo, could be sent to Manchester as part of a rehabilitation assignment. The news was reported by Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times today.

Per Dillman’s article:

Lombardi said on Tuesday morning that a trip to the Kings’ American Hockey League affiliate is a strong possibility for his starting goaltender.

It is not a done deal, however.

There are several factors, including the Monarchs’ travel schedule and how Quick feels about the option.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think this would be a great idea. We would like to have him back, but we don't need to rush him. It would be nice to bring him back in slowly.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think a rehab assignment would be a great way to get some strength built up and see how ready he is. He did say there were things he wouldn't know until he was in a game situation. Might as well be a Manchester one. I doubt it'd be a long conditioning assignment.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
Hope Quick does join the Monarchs, it would be great to see him again in Manchester, unfortunately the Monarchs are in NY and PA for the next 3 games.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I agree with everyone else, that would be great. It would also be pretty badass to see him take the ice again for them.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I agree with everyone else, that would be great. It would also be pretty badass to see him take the ice again for them.

And I'd love to talk to him.

QUICK STOP HANDLING THE PUCK. BAD BOY. Then spray him with a water bottle.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
He really needs to do this. As long as Jones gets the next several starts no reason to rush it. with how bad the offence is the last thing the kings need is a rusty goalie.

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
I remember Stephane Fiset coming to Lowell for a rehab stint where two things happened... I got to meet DT and Andreas Lilja had such a monster game (2G-1A IIRC) that he earned his first call-up a couple of days later.

Now if one of the rehab games were to be in Providence... :yo:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Confirmed assignment for JQ. No dates set yet though. Likely this weekend or next.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Well, this sucks. :/

@reallisa: Rob Blake said bad weather will likely prevent Quick from getting to minor league asmt

@reallisa: Flight was supposed to connect thru Detroit but it was cancelled #quick

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
So is it postponed or cancelled?

No AHL time for Quick due to weather conditions.

But Blake said that Quick's connecting flight to Detroit had been canceled. Not only was there a concern about getting Quick to the game Friday, but the Kings didn't want him stranded in the East by more bad weather, preventing him from getting back to Los Angeles at the start of next week for practice, Blake said.
[12:24 p.m. update: This just in: Quick will travel back to Los Angeles with the team after tonight's game. So, no minors for him].

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...leagues-20140102,0,748211.story#ixzz2pHJTtXB9

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This is likely why they're taking him back to LA. Better to practice with the team than be stuck in an airport. Maybe next weekend.

Sounds more like they're gonna skip the conditioning assignment altogether because the travel isn't working out and there would be little point delaying Quick's return just for a conditioning stint.

scryan

May 1, 2013
so tues perhaps.

Will be interesting to see. Really could see this going either direction for the first little bit, but I unfortunately think it may take a good few for him to be back on it completely.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Sounds more like they're gonna skip the conditioning assignment altogether because the travel isn't working out and there would be little point delaying Quick's return just for a conditioning stint.

Sounds more and more like you are right and there won't be one.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Sounds more and more like you are right and there won't be one.

I think it woulda been nice, but if delaying Quick's return another couple weeks just to play some games in Manchester is what's on the table, I don't see management going that route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad