Regional TV for VGK

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Gray TV and their station in Phoenix are doing something similar with the Suns

KnightCap78

Aug 10, 2020
I think i feel even better about this then winning game 1. When i moved here in 2017, i think i paid like $120 a month to watch their games with a satellite dish. Then used Fubo, which i think started at $70 a month and increased to $89 a month before i shut it off, they kept increasing prices with new RSN fees.

Next season I will get the entire regular season and first round for free with the antenna on my house. Activate Sling Orange for 40 bucks in the 2nd round for ESPN, TBS, TNT. Cancel as soon as hockey is over.

Watching hockey at home is becoming significantly less expensive, which will bring in new fans and leaves more money for tickets at the arena and gear :)

Free games on broadcast = more eyeballs on tv. More eyeballs on tv= more advertising revenue. Combined with inclusion in Youtube TV and direct to consumer streaming, this is a winning model.

I believe this is the future and most teams tied to RSN's will eventually move to broadcast television.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Jets fan, I'm really pleased to see Vegas doing this in pioneering this kind of forward-thinking. I have to pay $30 a month to watch the Jets in Alberta.
You have it lucky.... I'm also jealous of the locals. Try trying to watch legitimately from NZ, I'd have to pay for Satellite TV just to be able to have the option of paying more access the ESPN app. I miss center ice and would have paid for center ice..... ah well eventually these companies will learn people will pay for what they want... and but not pay for a hundred things they don't just to get the one thing they do.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad