Kings News: Regehr skates...

Captain Mittens*

In the 20 minutes since this thread was made, he skated from the red line to the blue line

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
And when healthy WHO comes out ?

Drew & Muzz are working ... do not change !
Mitchell & Voynov are again working ... I think Slava feels more comfortable playing with Willie over Robyn ? because his game has picked up since Pickles came back.

I know everyone is gonna say Matt Greene and bash on Greener and claim he's washed up and takes stupid needless penalties, blah blah blah ... but you'd be wrong, as Matt Greene is quietly leading the team through the playoffs in Fenwick % and is third on the Kings in Corsi %, who would have thought? *(credit The Mayor for stat)

And we all remember and should feel comfortable with a Greene & Martinez 3rd D pairing going through the Finals and into a cup run as they've been there done that.

I'd almost rather see them dress 7 D-men and sit someone like DEREK KING, at least until DWIGHT "scoring touch and finishing checks" KING returns to replace him. ;)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
He will try to make it back by the time the Kings are about to clinch the final win (you know, if). That way Brown can hand him das horn...err, the Cup.

KingKopitar11*

Regehr is skating? Late in his career, but I guess better late than never.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Don't see how he could be back against Chicago. Maybe he's back for the finals if we get there, but changing the lineup at that point would make me nervous.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
And when healthy WHO comes out ?

Drew & Muzz are working ... do not change !
Mitchell & Voynov are again working ... I think Slava feels more comfortable playing with Willie over Robyn ? because his game has picked up since Pickles came back.

I know everyone is gonna say Matt Greene and bash on Greener and claim he's washed up and takes stupid needless penalties, blah blah blah ... but you'd be wrong, as Matt Greene is quietly leading the team through the playoffs in Fenwick % and is third on the Kings in Corsi %, who would have thought? *(credit The Mayor for stat)

And we all remember and should feel comfortable with a Greene & Martinez 3rd D pairing going through the Finals and into a cup run as they've been there done that.

I'd almost rather see them dress 7 D-men and sit someone like DEREK KING, at least until DWIGHT "scoring touch and finishing checks" KING returns to replace him. ;)

I'm glad Greene has been better. I'm very happy for the guy, but let's not fool ourselves. If and when RR returns, Greene will be sitting.

KingKopitar11*

Matt Greene is a ticking time bomb. You take him out. He look very solid and then next game he goes full simple jack.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Mitchell and Voynov is just nails, but Martinez/Regehr just seems wrong. Have a hard time making a personnel decision here imo, but I would think you ride out what works.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
We don't need to worry about who he replaces, having him healthy is just at the very least a little added breathing room in case somebody else goes down. If Mitchell gets hurt again, I'm fairly certain we'd all unanimously prefer Regehr was healthy enough to replace him than having to put Schultz back in.

bk20

Feb 6, 2013
Getting the Terror back will be awesome! Let's save em for the Rangers though.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
So nice that the team is so strong even with missing players [and maybe could get even stronger if RR comes back] as opposed to getting weaker as the playoffs go on.

Last edited:

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Regehr has really been out of the lineup so he could help with seeding, Darryl Sutter understands this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad