Confirmed with Link: Reeds leaving team for health reasons

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
By the sound of Maclean's voice it sounded like it was something serious. I hope I am wrong......Whatever it is, best of wishes to Mr. Reeds.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He's probably had a heart attack from watching the defensive coverage of this team all year.

In all seriousness though, I hope whatever it is that ails him is taken care of soon and he's back to 100% health in short order.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lol, bros. Don't try to dig too much into this story, your brain will start to cramp.

This organization gives the most vague descriptions of what is actually going on when it comes to health as if Helen Keller was the team doc.

It's a personal issue, it isn't hockey related. Theres no obligation for the organization to release details, no need to discuss it further.

I wish the best the Mr. Reeds. And to those who think it's some sort of a "cover up" grow the **** up.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I hope him the best of luck. Pretty gross to see people trying to use this as a part of the whole Melnyk cluster**** that's happened this season.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Hope he gets well soon. I think Yost and the other pundits that jumped all over Melnyk owe him an apology for this one.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Screw cancer. My mom got it and luckily surgery got rid of it. Killed my uncle who was the greatest guy ever... And super healthy. Played pic- up hockey in his 50's. Cancef at 62 and died in less the a year.

I wrecked my little toe during the game. It is super swollen and messed up and it hurts. Took painkillers and taped it up.

Perspective is good. Sprain or break a toe or do a zillion times worse and you at least get better. Cancer... If you catch it late you are screwed.

I am guessing that Reeds is like many decades younger then Murray which makes it so much worse.

Best wishes to him. And Murray and all the kids and everyone fighting cancer.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Cancer sucks runs in my family. [mod snip]. Hopefully this team can win some more games and provide Reeds, and Murray with a little more hope and happiness

Last edited by a moderator:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's not difficult to read between the lines of Cameron's statement last night. Reeds is terminally ill, sadly. Everyone who has ever dealt with him always talks about what a stand up guy he is, and how well respected he is throughout the hockey community. Tough time for both his family, and the Senators organization...

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It's not difficult to read between the lines of Cameron's statement last night. Reeds is terminally ill, sadly. Everyone who has ever dealt with him always talks about what a stand up guy he is, and how well respected he is throughout the hockey community. Tough time for both his family, and the Senators organization...

I got that feeling too...him and Murray at the same time...

Dear Hockey Gods, you owe the Senators one...big time.*

*Both Reeds and Murray deserve something happy to go out on seeing how much they love the sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad