Confirmed with Link: Reece Scarlett to FL for Shane Harper

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Its on Facebook of all places.

The #NJDevils acquire forward Shane Harper from Florida in exchange for defenseman Reece Scarlett. Harper will report to Albany (AHL).

b5acTOA.png

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I honestly don't get it. He's a 28 year old right wing AHLer. We don't need that. I mean I get it's not Shero's fault that the market is what it is today... low returns everywhere... but wow this is one of the worst trade deadlines in recent memory for this team. The Devils are not better than they were yesterday. The ONLY useful piece for the future is a sixth round pick.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I honestly don't get it. He's a 28 year old right wing AHLer. We don't need that. I mean I get it's not Shero's fault that the market is what it is today... low returns everywhere... but wow this is one of the worst trade deadlines in recent memory for this team. The Devils are not better than they were yesterday. The ONLY useful piece for the future is a sixth round pick.
This move is all about Albany and the upcoming AHL playoffs. The Albany Devils had a surplus of defenseman and a lack of goal-scoring talent, and now they've evened out the team's depth.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shero is batting 0 for 3 today. With 3 strikeouts

Not sure why this is a strike

Reece Scarlett is not an NHL player

He has about as much of an NHL future as Seth Helgeson does, probably even less with how much we love calling up Helgeson.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It means Lappin is coming up for the rest of the season to replace Parenteau and there would be a shortage at RW in Albany...Harper replaces Lappin.

Book it.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Shero is batting 0 for 3 today. With 3 strikeouts

Nah. Getting ANYTHING for Parenteau was a win. A loss would be him still on this team at all. A 6th is largely nothing, but its still something.

The Quincey trade we don't know the particulars of. If he was doing Quincey a favor by shipping him to a playoff team, then I see the merit. We weren't getting anything spectacular for him in the first place. At the very least Prout is ED exposable and can be jettisoned easily. This trade deadline was a bust for A LOT of teams.

This last deal as pointed out is simply AHL depth. Scarlett's been in this organization for years now. He was expendable.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This move is all about Albany and the upcoming AHL playoffs. The Albany Devils had a surplus of defenseman and a lack of goal-scoring talent, and now they've evened out the team's depth.

RW depth for Albany.

With PAP gone, I guess Lappin gets the recall.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Not sure why this is a strike

Reece Scarlett is not an NHL player

He has about as much of an NHL future as Seth Helgeson does, probably even less with how much we love calling up Helgeson.

28 year old vs 23 year old.

Ok 2 strikeouts and a pop up? Better?

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
It means Lappin is coming up for the rest of the season to replace Parenteau and there would be a shortage at RW in Albany...Harper replaces Lappin.

Book it.

I could see that.

I've never been high on Scarlett. No loss as far as I'm concerned if this guy can help the A-Devils make a playoff run.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Yep. They now have Loov, McWilliam, Stollery on the left side and Auvitu-Mozik-Jacobs on the right side (Auvitu is playing the right side in the AHL now, it appears). There's also Brandon Gormley.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did Scarlett bust in Albany? was not following him

This is his 4th year as a pro and he's never gotten a call up during the regular season at any time in those 4 years.

It's clear we didn't have him in our plans at the NHL level and he's probably never gonna be in the NHL on a full time basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad