Reddox and Ryder

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Both these kids playing for Peterborough seem to be having excellent seasons even though the Petes aren't doing very well.

Reddox, who is an '86 born, is putting up similar numbers to Bolland and should be moving up in the upcoming NHL draft.

Ryder is an '87 born and seems to be one of the better 16 yr olds, along with Bobby Ryan from Owen Sound.

Does anyone have a good idea where Reddox will go in the NHL draft and if he'll be on Team Canada for the U18's in April?

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
Reddox

Reddox is having a good year, the big difference between Reddox and Bolland is as follows:

Bolland 3rd line, checking best line on other team.
Reddox: 1-2nd line

Bolland: Limited powerplay over the last 5-6 weeks
Reddox: Regular powerplay

Bolland: Strong two way player & 6'
Reddox: Strong offence player 5'10"

Bolland: First round
Reddox: Second round

It may be Reddox size that hurts him most as he is a talented hockey player, was suprised that he did not play in the prospects game.

As for Bolland, how many teams have a third line player scoring 33 goals and playing limited powerplay.?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Scooter2 said:
Reddox is having a good year, the big difference between Reddox and Bolland is as follows:

Bolland 3rd line, checking best line on other team.
Reddox: 1-2nd line

Bolland: Limited powerplay over the last 5-6 weeks
Reddox: Regular powerplay

Bolland: Strong two way player & 6'
Reddox: Strong offence player 5'10"

Bolland: First round
Reddox: Second round

It may be Reddox size that hurts him most as he is a talented hockey player, was suprised that he did not play in the prospects game.

As for Bolland, how many teams have a third line player scoring 33 goals and playing limited powerplay.?

While it is true that Bolland has been playing on a third line, (he usually plays with talented scrapper Brandon Prust and then either Danny Bois or Trevor Kell), he isn't getting limited powerplay time. Bolland plays on the first London powerplay unit with Corey Perry.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
While it is true that Bolland has been playing on a third line, (he usually plays with talented scrapper Brandon Prust and then either Danny Bois or Trevor Kell), he isn't getting limited powerplay time. Bolland plays on the first London powerplay unit with Corey Perry.

Scooter2 was correct, he gets limited PP time.

BTW Daniel Ryder is probably the most impressive 87 born, along with bobby Ryan.

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
Bolland

The point that i'am making is that Bolland would have over 40 goals had he been playing on a non checking line and playing regular powerplay.

Other than the first line, all other lines change from game to game and also period to period.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
OneSpeedOnly said:
Scooter2 was correct, he gets limited PP time.

BTW Daniel Ryder is probably the most impressive 87 born, along with bobby Ryan.

Near the beginning of the year, he was getting limited powerplay time. But definitely not since 2004 started. Bolland has 14 powerplay goals on the year, and has played lately with Corey Perry and Scott Sheppard on the number one powerplay unit.

And I do agree that Daniel Ryder has been the second most impressive drafted rookie this season. I think ultimately that Bobby Ryan is the better player because I think that along with a chippy game that they both play, Ryan is more talented offensively.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Brock said:
Near the beginning of the year, he was getting limited powerplay time. But definitely not since 2004 started. Bolland has 14 powerplay goals on the year, and has played lately with Corey Perry and Scott Sheppard on the number one powerplay unit.

And I do agree that Daniel Ryder has been the second most impressive drafted rookie this season. I think ultimately that Bobby Ryan is the better player because I think that along with a chippy game that they both play, Ryan is more talented offensively.

I've heard Ryan's skating could set him back a bit, although we all know many, many players that have made the NHL and were never great skaters coming out of junior.

What is your assessment of Ryan's skating, say, compared to Ryder's??

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
HabLover said:
I've heard Ryan's skating could set him back a bit, although we all know many, many players that have made the NHL and were never great skaters coming out of junior.

What is your assessment of Ryan's skating, say, compared to Ryder's??

Neither are the "prettiest" of skaters, but at this point, I'd say that Ryder's skating is a bit better. Neither are going to be speedsters though.

Ryder gets around pretty well, but it's not that pretty. You know, seems like he's going slower than he actually is, like someone like Jason Spezza for example.

Ryan's speed could be an issue, if you want to call it one at the moment, however his early ability to work close to the net is phenomenal and his offensive talent and upside is very high IMO, especially if he continues to improve physically like he has.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
Neither are the "prettiest" of skaters, but at this point, I'd say that Ryder's skating is a bit better. Neither are going to be speedsters though.

Ryder gets around pretty well, but it's not that pretty. You know, seems like he's going slower than he actually is, like someone like Jason Spezza for example.

Ryan's speed could be an issue, if you want to call it one at the moment, however his early ability to work close to the net is phenomenal and his offensive talent and upside is very high IMO, especially if he continues to improve physically like he has.

Agreed with everything about Ryan, He is a very slow skater with an average accleration, but overall very poor, but is working very hard to improve. Offensive talent and poise around the net is phenomenal and has a pro body at 16.

Dynasty

Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:

I'm not sure if you're aware but Ryder spent all of last summer in a body brace, something which has to be considered when making comparisons about Ryder. He would have easily added 12-15 more lbs. of muscle if he had been able to work out. By the way, let's see what happens next year...I feel fairly confident in saying that his numbers will more than double next year, provided that he stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad