Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings Vs Rangers Jan 16 2014 (another AHL/NHL squad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

injuries for Red Wings:

Helm
Gustavsson
Ericsson
Weiss
Franzen

Rangers win 5-3 in Regulation

goals for Rangers by Nash, Brassard, Hagelin, Kreider with 2

goals for Red Wings by Nyquist, Tatar and Zetterberg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Tatar isn't playing this game. In Slovakia for his father's funeral.

Datsyuk is also still injured IIRC.

It'll be an absolute joke if we lose tonight.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Seriously if we can't win this in regulation we have issues. I'm hoping the boys shake off the last game and focus on playing how they have been

Punxrocknyc19*

Tatar isn't playing this game. In Slovakia for his father's funeral.

Datsyuk is also still injured IIRC.

It'll be an absolute joke if we lose tonight.

oh ok cause in the game notes it says Tatar is on the roster. i knew he was in Slovakia for his dads funeral... if Rangers lose tonight it wont shock me but at the same time they should not.....

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Alfredsson and Datsyuk both confirmed out as well. Not sure why the OP listed Gustavsson, since he isn't their starting goalie. Howard, though, has a hip flexor... he's playing tonight, but I'm not sure he's really 100%.

This is another 4 point game for the Rangers, with Wild Card implications rather than divisional ones.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Wings projected lines:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Jurco-Sheahan-Bertuzzi
Miller-Andersson-Samuelsson
Cleary-Glendening-Eaves

Kronwall-Smith
Quincey-Dekeyser
Lashoff-Kindl

Howard

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I'm hoping the boys shake off the last game and focus on playing how they have been

Except they played a great game last time, and it was right up the alley of what they started in Chicago. Bishop as everyone knows, completely stole that game, and DZ did his best double agent impersonation to help him.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Take care of business tonight.

Dont worry about who's in or out of their lineup.

A win would take the Rangers to 5-1-1 in their last 7 and 3-1 on the current homestand. It would bring the Rangers to .500 at home. Big one. Two points just waiting to be claimed in a game with wild card implications

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Official from Gross:

The Red Wings will be without:
C Darren Helm (groin/shoulder), C Stephen Weiss (groin/hernia), D Jonathan Ericsson (shoulder/ribs), C Johan Franzen (concussion), C Pavel Datsyuk (concussion), RW Daniel Alfredsson (groin/back), G Jonas Gustavsson (groin/neck) and LW Tomas Tatar (personal reasons/attending father’s funeral).

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We are still in a place in the standings right now where every game is crucial. Losing those points last game in a game we outplayed the opposition stinks, hopefully they don't have an emotional letdown.

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway
As fairly new to the NHL(though not to the Rangers, only widespread non-knowledge of player rosters elsewhere), who should we fear tonight?

Do the Red Wings have an untouchable goaltender?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
As fairly new to the NHL(though not to the Rangers, only widespread non-knowledge of player rosters elsewhere), who should we fear tonight?

Do the Red Wings have an untouchable goaltender?

Zetterberg is the only guy that scares me, but hes pretty much all alone.

the thing that ACTUALLY scares me though is that ahl type rosters tend to outwork their opponents. if our compete level isnt up to match theirs, often times compete can outclass skill.

if the rangers play hard and smart, they can kill the wings.

if they dont, i could see the wings steamrolling us.

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway
One of their best centers out (datsyuk) and a top Dman but Zetterberg is still dangerous and you never know With the wings

I know all about Zätterberg, and Datsyuk I know from a couple of games against Norway.

We seem to struggle a bit against good defensemen shooting from distance. Think we need som good skating from our attacking lines today.

5-2 (Kreider, Nash(2), Zuccarello and Girardi).

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway

I really hope that all lines shows up tonight, against Tampa it seemed to me only the third line doing some actual work.

Maybe Zucc should help the other lines?

Zucc - Stepan - Kreider maybe?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Zetterberg is the only guy that scares me, but hes pretty much all alone.

the thing that ACTUALLY scares me though is that ahl type rosters tend to outwork their opponents. if our compete level isnt up to match theirs, often times compete can outclass skill.

Too bad we have neither.

What outclasses that? (Everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad