Red Wings have interest in Maxim Tsyplakov of KHL

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
No idea why'd he sign with us over teams he'd have an easier time cracking their line-up. This dude is a super late bloomer. Was very average for Russian standard and then he showed some offense last year and is now playing really well. Already 25 and will be 26 as next season starts.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

okay, so i realize I am going to be the bad guy here (that guy), but I would feel terrible if I didn't point some things out.

His first goal was nice, nice power and shot placement, but that has to be stopped by nhl goalies right? He does use his screen well, but from what I saw it was still on the side of the defender and not through his legs, so I would expect NHL goalies would stop that...no?

his second goal was good, pucks on net. But that guy that goes to the front of the net to do a fantastic screen is why it got through. Good shot placement again though.

Third goal was right place right time, but he was coasting into the area. Does he do this often? Cleaned up the garbage though, so at least he will get in those areas.

Fourth goal was just capitalizing on a terrible goalie blunder.

I don't hate the guy, he probably is very good for where he is at, but I don't think people should be getting ecstatic over him like he is the "big get". He does seem quite big so thats a great trait to have in that position but we have learned from rasmussen that size doesn't guarantee nhl center eliteness. He would probably go to our ahl team and I'm sure he wouldn't want that. Would probably want to go to some team that is somewhat good that he can still start in the NHL like a nashville type team (not them specifically).

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
On a complete aside, the jersey pattern/colors his team is wearing there would have been much better alternates than those God-awful Blackhawk knockoffs the Wings were forced to wear last season.

I apologize for digging up bad memories in advance.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
On a complete aside, the jersey pattern/colors his team is wearing there would have been much better alternates than those God-awful Blackhawk knockoffs the Wings were forced to wear last season.

I apologize for digging up bad memories in advance.
Some people liked those jerseys. Some people bought those jerseys.

:oops:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad