Prospect Info: Red Wings 2017 Development Camp, July 7-11

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hronek becomes a top pairing D..

After getting traded due to character concerns.

Hronek is a great character player. Really competitive guy and that is shown everything he does. Czechs Captain at WJC.

Nice joking, but at same just sad when people don't know our prospects.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hronek is a great character player. Really competitive guy and that is shown everything he does. Czechs Captain at WJC.

Nice joking, but at same just sad when people don't know our prospects.

Don't worry bro, Hronek is my pet prospect that I have followed closely and watched 20+ hours of tape on since day 1.

He's extremely competitive and also has an aura of superiority which I love in a D prospect.

Hopefully it doesn't get him into too much trouble with the powers that be.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Looks like Lindstrom can maneuver himself on the ice quite well, looking forward to see what kind of player he'll turn into:

Easily my favorite prospect in this latest draft class. Really like his mobility. Add in the fact he's a Hakan pick and I think he can end up being one of our best prospects in a year or two.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Easily my favorite prospect in this latest draft class. Really like his mobility. Add in the fact he's a Hakan pick and I think he can end up being one of our best prospects in a year or two.

It's actually his mobility that scares me a bit. Looks fine here though

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It's actually his mobility that scares me a bit. Looks fine here though

I haven't watched him and can't comment on his skating. That being said, I have never heard anyone complement his skating. It is consistently listed as an area in need of improvement.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I haven't watched him and can't comment on his skating. That being said, I have never heard anyone complement his skating. It is consistently listed as an area in need of improvement.

Yeah, that video of Lindstrom circling actually looks pretty rough to me. Pretty night and day compared to the video of Cholowski's edgework that was posted.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I agree about the roughness on Lidstrom, this one is smooth as silk Sambrook.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean that looked ugly. Puck control was choppy and the kid can't even let an effortless heavy shot go?

Most kids who can shoot, even when they are just messing around and half arse 'flick' the shot with wrists only.... it still looks fluid and you can tell they could rip it.

I disagree, the first 3 seconds were ugly and the first shot for sure, the rest was pretty good.

Now this is ugly
https://streamable.com/ge9gp

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I mean that looked ugly. Puck control was choppy and the kid can't even let an effortless heavy shot go?

Most kids who can shoot, even when they are just messing around and half arse 'flick' the shot with wrists only.... it still looks fluid and you can tell they could rip it.

I agree that wasn't pretty at all. Unfortunate because he attended camp last year- should be setting up the same obstacles at his home rink and working harder. His movement and pivots are not near professional quality.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I disagree, the first 3 seconds were ugly and the first shot for sure, the rest was pretty good.

Now this is ugly

Yeah the shot is a big concern... if you can't rip it at 19 years old... I doubt you'll ever be able to.
Lowers Cholowski's 'upside' substantially..

Haha, wow Sulak. Isn't he like 24?
That was terrible... What a wasted signing. Only 2 years and not full 3 year entry level I guess would be the positive?

I agree that wasn't pretty at all. Unfortunate because he attended camp last year- should be setting up the same obstacles at his home rink and working harder. His movement and pivots are not near professional quality.

That is a 19 year old first round pick in the NHL draft. Yikes.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Now this is ugly

Completely agree, I don't think he looked bad at all during that drill.

The first shot should have had more fire on it, but my reaction to the big Czech guy making a mess of the drill was also why the heck is he throwing a collar-bone hunting shot at the goalie in the middle of summer as well....

Curious which one of our guys on the NHL roster is doing that better outside of the start obstacle? Professionally quality cuts... I saw a lot of balance and good edge work. :dunno:

Also look at how tight he is to the obstacles. Look at the kid bulldozing through them when he is going back through the middle of the ice and how wide the next guy is going when he hits the blueline for his second shot. That isn't really an easy drill to be honest and outside of the initial hiccup that looked pretty fluid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3