GDT: RED TANK vs BLUE SHIRTS 1pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Does Backstrom get a secondary assist on that?

What possible benefit did they feel that Backstrom would bring playing this season? The PP? Maybe 4 or 5 more PP goals? Would playing him this season make him more effective next season versus more time to rehab and work on his skating? He’s an absolute disaster out there, should have been shut down once it was clear after a few games.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
barely 3 pages of gdt and i can see why tho. not much to say about this game and this team. we desperately need a fresh blood

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Yes, Backstrom is awful. I have a hard time thinking a retool will work with him on the team.
The ONLY thing I can think of is that they want to see what they have with him and whether they need another top 6 center (with Backstrom moving down to the bottom 6).

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
death, taxes and zibanejad scoring against us. i actually think zibby scoring is even more certain than death and taxes

Reactions: troyerlaw

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The ONLY thing I can think of is that they want to see what they have with him and whether they need another top 6 center (with Backstrom moving down to the bottom 6).
They already got Kuzy and Strome as 1 and 2. Plan is working to perfection!

Roll red tank roll!

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
First time Ovie has seemed engaged in a while. Unfortunately it was engagement in slashing Goodrow. If you’re that angry, just fight the guy

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Goodrow is a putz. He started the whole thing throwing a forearm into OV's face! Then when OV confronts him and then Wilson, Goodrow cowers away.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Goodrow is a putz. He started the whole thing throwing a forearm into OV's face! Then when OV confronts him and then Wilson, Goodrow cowers away.
Hardly. Goodrow was ready to fight 43. He came back over to offer himself.

Pretty disappointed in Caps’ effort today. Overall didnt show much pride or interest

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This humiliation is all your fine work Maclellan. In all your years here not ONE first rounder has panned out. Not one (never mind trading one of them for Mantha). So instead we dole out large contracts to keep old and slow guys. Even your FA and trade pickups are slow, you stupid dumbass.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Goodrow was a chump. Tough move going after a guy already engaged with another player, and a ref.

Does anyone know what chant was going on during the first period? I heard it couple times…sounded like they were yelling

Steve Holt!
Lol

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Not a good look there boys. Ovi started all that acting like a Crosby there. Disappointed. Take your lumps like a man.
What are you talking about? OV had a right to get mad because Goodrow should have received a 2 min penalty for a forearm to OV's head! Lack of respect from the refs. All that extra stuff doesn't happen if the ref call the game correctly.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Goodrow was a chump. Tough move going after a guy already engaged with another player, and a ref.

Does anyone know what chant was going on during the first period? I heard it couple times…sounded like they were yelling

Steve Holt!
Lol
I couldn't make it out either but was curious myself. Probably some rangers chant. Lots of blue there today it looked like.

What are you talking about? OV had a right to get mad because Goodrow should have received a 2 min penalty for a forearm to OV's head! Lack of respect from the refs. All that extra stuff doesn't happen if the ref call the game correctly.
He barely touched his face, ovi overreacted because he wanted a power play, didn't get it and threw a Crosby tantrum. My favorite player of all time but call it like it is...bunch of frustrated old vets who see the end in sight and won't get another chance this season to take a run at it.

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Like i said, if you’re that angry, fight the guy. Dont chase him around slashing him. Chickenshit. If 87 did it, we’d call it for what it was. And i say all this as a massive Ovie fan. Just hard to stomach a bitchy little tantrum at the end of a game he showed zero interest in.

A forearm to the face happens all game long, to players of all levels. Get over it. Throw a heavy check next time. Or fight. Or go get a goal. Dont do whatever 8 was doing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad