Recalling a bad Sharks memory...

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
The awesome killing of a 5-3 against the Oilers in the PO's and then they immediately scored. Feel like one of the most awesome experiences at the tank ended up being the turning point in the series. Typical Sharks :(

Loudest that place has ever been I don't care what anyone says. the tank was defending 5 rows from the ice. it had to be ear piercing in the upper deck.

Also, nobody is going to bring up the random puck bounce against the nucks?

Yea that was the best PK in all the hockey I've ever watched. So crappy they had to score right after. That was the year I thought we were winning the cup. I think we would have if we got through that series.

Friggin Pronger, he is my Sharks nightmare.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
The awesome killing of a 5-3 against the Oilers in the PO's and then they immediately scored. Feel like one of the most awesome experiences at the tank ended up being the turning point in the series. Typical Sharks :(

Wait how was that the turning point in the series? Thornton scored not long after and the Sharks won that game.

The turning point in that series was Vesa Toskala venturing out to the blueline to play the puck and losing it to Sergei Samsonov who put it into an empty net to tie Game 3. Oilers never looked back after that.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
We won that game though.

I miss remembered that part. But getting scored on right after just feels like typical Sharks. That's probably why I miss remembered it and packed it all together in my mind lol.

Wasn't that the game Milan got destroyed by Torres? That was the greatest kill I've ever seen. That series sucked. That I remember.

I say this every time this is discussed, but during that kill at one point everything became white noise to me. Like a hissing sound. I stopped yelling and just looked around the crowd in amazement. It almost became "quiet" and yet there is no way the person next to you could hear a sound you made no matter how loud you yelled. Really an amazing experience.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Garpenlov in '94
Selanne in '02
Sturm in '04
Cheechoo in '06
Robert Lang in '07
Double OT in '08
Out in the 1st round in '09
Missed icing goal and weird bounce in '11
7-game loss to Kings in '13
Reverse sweep in '14

:(

Last edited:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
2013 wasn't one I felt too bad about. That was a hard-fought, even series. Hell, the last game ended 2-1. I hated losing to the Kings, but I couldn't be too disappointed by how far we made it that year with the lineup we had and sweeping Vancouver.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Garpenlov in '94
Selanne in '02
Sturm in '04
Cheechoo in '06
Matthew Schneider in '07
Double OT in '08
Reverse sweep in '14

Change Schneider to Robert Lang.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Garpenlov in '94
Selanne in '02
Sturm in '04
Cheechoo in '06
Robert Lang in '07
Double OT in '08
Reverse sweep in '14

25 Years of Tears should be the Shark's slogan this year instead of 25 Years of Teal.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Garpenlov in '94
Selanne in '02
Sturm in '04
Cheechoo in '06
Robert Lang in '07
Double OT in '08
Reverse sweep in '14

Pretty much nailed it. Also... its gets progressively worse. What's this year, lose in the final after we learn the team is moving to Hamilton?!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad