Post-Game Talk: Rearrange the Rangers 11/20/19 @ 8 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
No I wasn't. I have no problem with him at all. But I wasn't against sending him to Hershey to develop his game. I still think he could get another shot with the Caps this season.
My point is that Jensen has been mediocre. I don't feel Djoos is a big step up. I think Fehrevary is the better option even though he has limited experience.
I don't think people here were expecting alot from Jensen but he isn't meeting those expectations. He looks like a rookie out there.
And people jumped all over me when I said Bowey is probably out playing Jensen. I stand by that comment. At least Bowey is producing a little bit. We are getting nothing from Jensen. We are getting nothing from Jensen. 2 assists in 24 games playing on the highest scoring team in the league. His numbers should be inflated due to the talent surrounding him.

With regards to Bowey I've been thinking the same thing. He seems to be playing well in Detroit. Completely different roster / style of play to the Caps but it has made me wonder if maybe trading him was a mistake.
He's a 2nd round pick and he's 24. Jensen is a 5th rounder and he's 29. And Bowey is bigger.

Reactions: Pomee

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Didn't Jensen get extended before ever playing a shift with the Caps? What's everyone talking about? I'm not happy with him, but I suspect the difference from last year is the system change. He's not adapting well and not able to handle tougher minutes.

They moved Jensen up with Orlov for most of this game. That's a promotion. The Caps knew he wasn't strong. They got him for his skating and pk. They are trying to up his offensive game. I have to guess that he is still working thru that.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
They moved Jensen up with Orlov for most of this game. That's a promotion. The Caps knew he wasn't strong. They got him for his skating and pk. They are trying to up his offensive game. I have to guess that he is still working thru that.
You just answered me twice. :huh:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’d like to see that 4th Rangers goal again. It looked like Jensen followed the guy into the corner first and Kempny ended up following in a few seconds later and left the guy wide open at the front of the net

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I’d like to see that 4th Rangers goal again. It looked like Jensen followed the guy into the corner first and Kempny ended up following in a few seconds later and left the guy wide open at the front of the net

The ENTIRE team were on that side and there were THREE Rangers standing by themselves wide open. There's a screenshot in here somewhere

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
With regards to Bowey I've been thinking the same thing. He seems to be playing well in Detroit. Completely different roster / style of play to the Caps but it has made me wonder if maybe trading him was a mistake.
He's a 2nd round pick and he's 24. Jensen is a 5th rounder and he's 29. And Bowey is bigger.

Bowey is statistically one of the worst defenseman in the NHL, yeah Jensen is struggling but having Bowey back would be so so so much worse.

Reactions: Sam Spade

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The ENTIRE team were on that side and there were THREE Rangers standing by themselves wide open. There's a screenshot in here somewhere
I just re watched it. Jensen and Kempny both followed their guys to the corner like they were supposed to and the forwards left Howden wide open in front.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lemieux was throwing punches before Wilson dropped his gloves (or even his stick). I mean, i guess i’d do same if i found myself squared up v. 43. Still, as a general matter, lame to start swinging before other guy can drop his gloves.

I actually don’t have a problem with one guy beating the other to the punch...wasn’t egregious IMO.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kuznetsov was drifting up the boards while the opposing center was sitting wide open in the slot
It looked like Kuznetsov looked and thought Ovechkin would pick up Howden since he was skating in the slot, but literally everyone on the ice was puck watching besides Jensen who noticed Howden wide open and was a few seconds too late

Reactions: tenken00

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No I wasn't. I have no problem with him at all. But I wasn't against sending him to Hershey to develop his game. I still think he could get another shot with the Caps this season.
My point is that Jensen has been mediocre. I don't feel Djoos is a big step up. I think Fehrevary is the better option even though he has limited experience.
I don't think people here were expecting alot from Jensen but he isn't meeting those expectations. He looks like a rookie out there.
And people jumped all over me when I said Bowey is probably out playing Jensen. I stand by that comment. At least Bowey is producing a little bit. We are getting nothing from Jensen. We are getting nothing from Jensen. 2 assists in 24 games playing on the highest scoring team in the league. His numbers should be inflated due to the talent surrounding him.

you called out damn near if not every mistake Fever made early on....Nobody else did, go check the threads. If that’s not being critical then your delivery in messaging REALLY sucks.....oh wait...

Djoos has played well. No reason he shouldn’t get a chance. Could result in a cap relief trade with some actual return, or hell he could play well. Fever isn’t suffering playing all situations in Hershey rather than coming up and getting minimal time. All things aside, Fever is my favorite prospect but sometimes you have to see further ahead than your nose.

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm not happy with him, but I suspect the difference from last year is the system change. He's not adapting well and not able to handle tougher minutes.

Oh I know, and it's too early to give up on Jensen still.

Just that it's a little disappointing because you would think Jensen is the type of player that would thrive in this system. With his skating ability, he should be at least be able to catch up to his mistakes, which a lot of our other Dmen aren't able to do.

And it's also disappointing that because of this game I'm already saying screw it, I'm gonna cook me an 11pm meal when I have a wedding to go to in a few days in an already tight suit. So if I bust my pants on the dance floor, it's all the Caps fault

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oh I know, and it's too early to give up on Jensen still.

Just that it's a little disappointing because you would think Jensen is the type of player that would thrive in this system. With his skating ability, he should be at least be able to catch up to his mistakes, which a lot of our other Dmen aren't able to do.

And it's also disappointing that because of this game I'm already saying screw it, I'm gonna cook me an 11pm meal when I have a wedding to go to in a few days in an already tight suit. So if I bust my pants on the dance floor, it's all the Caps fault

lol!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He has zero offense. Maybe less.

This was a night of Carlson and...five dudes.

Backstrom is the glue.

Reactions: Calicaps

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
6 games in the past 9 days and missing 4 of our main forwards. Sometimes you just lay a dud, the Caps are 16-4-4 and still 1st place in the league.

Thank you for the proper perspective. This is a tired team that has played a brutal schedule.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yet Stephenson has been one of our better players the last couple games.

I disagree. And even if he was...with his salary and to even warrant a roster spot, being twice amongst the "better" players isn't enough. He's an AHLer if we're being honest. So is Hagelin at this point and we all knew about it before the season even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad