Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
"Casemiro and Kroos are overrated and their name brands make that midfield sound better than it is. Watch this video on Wijnaldum to see how he operates against teams that don't just park it. "

Not even a space between the two.
Okay, well, to be clear (since obviously you need that clarification) I wasn't comparing them.

That said when Wijnaldum is healthy, and on form, he's one of the best midfielders in transition in the world. The only thing lacking is confidence to be more incisive and adventurous against low block teams. He's been our most consistent big game performer otherwise, and he has been our best player (overall) since being reintroduced vs. City, especially since he seems to be playing with more confidence now. He's going to give Real Madrid's midfield fits. I'm not sure we've got a great chance to win, but Wijnaldum is going to be extremely important in the positive things we do and in the midfield battle. You can quote me on this when Wijnaldum runs circles around Kroos.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Do Liverpool even have a bad player... I'm not sure. Each one of their player is integral to their team and is the greatest at something. OR so it seems.

@Evilo at least when @les Habs accuses you of being a Madrid fan you can now point to this. So, it's not a big waste of time. LOL

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Do Liverpool even have a bad player... I'm not sure. Each one of their player is integral to their team and is the greatest at something. OR so it seems.

Even though in good form, I suppose you'd say Lovren.

But I think if you get to the final you shouldn't have a bad player in your starting lineup.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I mean...it's relative, right? Do they have any bad players? Do bad players make a CL final or play at the top level of football?

There are plenty of better players out there than the ones Liverpool has though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes bad players do reach WC finals and CL finals.
Dugarry and Guivarc'h won a f***ing WC and played the final.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah him too. Fullback can suck. Starting striker is rarer, but **** happens.
My favorite example. The disparity in talent between the 04/05 Liverpool and AC Milan teams was outstanding. Not that I knew it at the time as that was my 2nd year watching the team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Even though in good form, I suppose you'd say Lovren.

But I think if you get to the final you shouldn't have a bad player in your starting lineup.

I mean...it's relative, right? Do they have any bad players? Do bad players make a CL final or play at the top level of football?

There are plenty of better players out there than the ones Liverpool has though.

Hendo still sucks but I just get a kick out of some Livepool fans hyperbole on their players.

Yes bad players do reach WC finals and CL finals.
Dugarry and Guivarc'h won a ****ing WC and played the final.

Hell Argentina were a goal away from a dynasty with Romero as the starting goalie LOOL.

There's absolutely no way Liverpool doesn't threaten Real in that final IMO.

I actually think they can win.... if the field is level and Salah breaks his fast prior to the game. ;)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There's absolutely no way Liverpool doesn't threaten Real in that final IMO.
I can't get the visual out of my head of Liverpool losing on PKs after Ramos scores a header of a corner in stoppage time to tie it up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My favorite example. The disparity in talent between the 04/05 Liverpool and AC Milan teams was outstanding. Not that I knew it at the time as that was my 2nd year watching the team.
There can be better players out there without players being 'bad'.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If the semifinals have told us anything, this final will come down to who pays the ref more amirite?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If the semifinals have told us anything, this final will come down to who pays the ref more amirite?
As much as Roma can say they got jobbed by the referees they also got awarded 2 penalties.

As far as Liverpool goes, I cannot even remember the last penalty awarded for them (league or cup or champion league)

Personally, if anything, I want the game to be decided by anything but penalties.

Let them play unless something blatant happen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Roma has nothing to complain about. If people want to dwell on that the semifinal thread is still open.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Yeah but the RM defense and midfield is much better defensively than Liverpool.

I wouldn’t say it’s much better, lovren has been decent,Robertson and Virgil are studs. The biggest wild card is TAA he was awful last game but was very good vs city and in the first leg against roma

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wouldn’t say it’s much better, lovren has been decent,Robertson and Virgil are studs. The biggest wild card is TAA he was awful last game but was very good vs city and in the first leg against roma
Marcelo and Ramos are much better than VVD and Robertson. The thing that Liverpool has over RM is system. Only reason I say this is because it seems like RM don't have one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One team is a fairy, made from a bunch of Hobbits that lived in the Shire going against the well-oiled-grizzly-veteran-killing-machines Orc army lead by the most powerful person to ever exist in Sauron.

However unlike the happy ending in J.R.R.'s adaptation, the true battle veterans take the game from the fluke hobbits who adventured into unknown lands of Mordor. It won't even be close.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00