Online Series: Reacher (season 2 Dec 15 2023)

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Man, I'm not sure I watched much of any Prime for most of 2023 but they are finishing the year strong. Good Omens, Bosch, Upload, Invincible, and now Reacher with the Boys coming around the corner. My Disney sub is coming up and I doubt I'll renew that and I gave up Netflix months ago. I did not see Prime becoming my go-to paid subscription with their (relatively) lousy back catalogue but here we are.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Man, I'm not sure I watched much of any Prime for most of 2023 but they are finishing the year strong. Good Omens, Bosch, Upload, Invincible, and now Reacher with the Boys coming around the corner. My Disney sub is coming up and I doubt I'll renew that and I gave up Netflix months ago. I did not see Prime becoming my go-to paid subscription with their (relatively) lousy back catalogue but here we are.
Same I watch all those shows and have been stuck on Prime for my Tv watching the last month or so. They also added all but the most recent Bond movies so been watching those also.

Edit: I also watch The Legend of Vox Machina on Prime.

Last edited:
Reactions: barriers

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I read all the books and enjoyed the first season. Any indication season 2 is based on a particular book?

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I read all the books and enjoyed the first season. Any indication season 2 is based on a particular book?

Bad Luck and Trouble

Reactions: flyersnorth

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Bad Luck and Trouble

Thanks! Should be an good season.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Oh, wow. I was expecting a February release, like Season 1. This is perfect. I'll get to watch it at Christmas with my dad (who's read even more of the books than me).

Edit: It turns out that, unlike Season 1, it won't be released all at once. The first 3 episodes will be on Dec 15th and then one per week until Jan 19th. So, I won't be able to watch the whole season with my dad, but at least the first half.

Last edited:
Reactions: beowulf

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Two words: "Hell" and "Yeah"

I like to imagine this show as a gritty reboot of the classic Sledgehammer! sitcom. It makes the silly, eyerolly, overly reliant on suspension of disbelief parts funny instead of jarring, while the good parts remain entertaining.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Really liked season 1. I'm not a fan of the direction of season 2. They skipped so much they should have done another couple seasons of loner Reacher the wanderer before they introduced his old team. Apparently they are already filming season 3 and its Apparently based on the book one shot which is what the Tom Cruise movie is based on. So many books and material to use I'm not sure why they are doing it in this direction. I'm going to keep an open mind I liked the first season and I hope these other ones are just as good.

Reactions: flyersnorth

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really liked season 1. I'm not a fan of the direction of season 2. They skipped so much they should have done another couple seasons of loner Reacher the wanderer before they introduced his old team. Apparently they are already filming season 3 and it’s Apparently based on the book one shot which is what the Tom Cruise movie is based on. So many books and material to use I'm not sure why they are doing it in this direction. I'm going to keep an open mind I liked the first season and I hope these other ones are just as good.
Who knows how many seasons of Reacher they will do. Plenty of books to base a season on. Won’t do them all though. Seasons are pretty short compared to network tv such as the show 24 which is all one continuous plot for the season.

Just watched the first 3 episodes. Carries on the same feel from season 1. Reacher still no non-sense straight forward approach. Loner life on the move.

Can see the impact he had on his team now and during the flashback scenes.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Season 2 premiered today with the first three episodes. The rest come out one at a time until Jan 19th.

I could've sworn that we had a separate Season 2 thread just last month, but it seems to be missing, maybe lost in the server migration, so I'm just bumping this one.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It was like 10 posts down haha:

Strange. I did an F3 page search for "Reacher" and nothing was found, then used the forum search engine to look for thread titles containing "Reacher" and it still didn't find that thread. Oh well. Maybe bumping the original thread will be useful for those who missed Season 1 and want to read what everyone thought of it.

Edit: I figured it out. The thread (this thread, now that the mods have merged it) was hidden from me because I had the OP on ignore. That didn't use to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He looks even buffer this season.
Think it's been mentioned that he got onto TRT. He's 41 now, so seems a bit early to be on that. But, to each their own. He's not an actor that is going to land those Bale, Phoenix, roles. More like the type of roles that Rock, Mamoa would be in line for.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Think it's been mentioned that he got onto TRT. He's 41 now, so seems a bit early to be on that. But, to each their own. He's not an actor that is going to land those Bale, Phoenix, roles. More like the type of roles that Rock, Mamoa would be in line for.

I'd rather him than Rock or Monoa. Those two cannot act. I just cannot stand them. I like Ritchson, he just has that jene se quois on screen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad