RD Zayne Parekh - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2024 Draft)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t need to. Just know, NHL teams know all about his character and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if some don’t want anything to do with him.

I mean, don’t know why you’re so surprised by this information. You don’t spit on another player (which is straight up assault) without being cocky and thinking you’re untouchable.
Are you saying that you’re extrapolating all of this speculation from the suspension?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Are you saying that you’re extrapolating all of this speculation from the suspension?
It’s not speculation, he deliberately spit on two Kingston players lol and was subsequently suspended for it, although it should have been for more than 2 games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It’s not speculation, he deliberately spit on two Kingston players lol and was subsequently suspended for it, although it should have been for more than 2 games.

That seems pretty bad. You'd think a kid that age wouldn't do that. Do you know more about the context?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
That seems pretty bad. You'd think a kid that age wouldn't do that. Do you know more about the context?
1) spitting bad. Not ok as a response.
2) They were playing Kingston. During a stop in play Parekh and a former teammate who now plays for Kingston started arguing. Zayne spit at him. Only him and McNamara know what was said between the two. He didn’t spit on him for the hell of it.

Reactions: Finster8

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Spit on two Kingston players at the end of the second period of the January 21st game where Saginaw won 7-2. There was a scrum at the end of the period that caused a commotion between both benches, Parekh then spit on McNammara and Hache after words were exchanged.

rt

May 13, 2004
I guess I’ll ask one more time just in case; are you basing your claim on any actual information outside of the incident he was suspended for?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I guess I’ll ask one more time just in case; are you basing your claim on any actual information outside of the incident he was suspended for?
AGAIN - It is not a claim. Take it as you will. I’m not here to make up your mind for you.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

rt

May 13, 2004
AGAIN - It is not a claim.
You are making a claim.

This is the claim you’re making:

…has had the reputation of being overtly cocky…

And you doubled down:

Then you appear to make a weak attempt at a vague appeal to authority:

NHL teams know all about his character and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if some don’t want anything to do with him.
As though you’re connected in NHL circles. Which you obviously are not.

And then you attempted to obfuscate the claim you actually made without owning up:
You don’t spit on another player (which is straight up assault) without being cocky and thinking you’re untouchable.

Which all amounts to gossip. Unless there’s something else you can share, that is if you wouldn’t prefer to continue dodging simple questions. Or have we reached the insults phase?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
You are making a claim.

And you doubled down:

And then you attempted to obfuscate the claim you actually made without owning up:

Which all amounts to gossip. Unless there’s something else you can share, that is if you wouldn’t prefer to continue dodging simple questions. Or have we reached the insults phase?
I’m a big fan of the player, but can confirm that behind the scenes there are question marks there.

• Haha
Reactions: LeProspector

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You are making a claim.

And you doubled down:

Look at post #196 in this thread, a post made by someone who has NHL and OHL contacts, because they’re an actual OHL scout.

They know more than you or I will ever know. Now get out of my mentions, you’re just trying to insite arguments with me because you don’t like me for whatever reason.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Thanks. Appreciate the comment. Just double-checking, you do mean outside of the suspension incident?
Correct, he has been known to showboat during celebrations which other teams wern’t a big fan of - especially earlier in the year. He even shot the puck out of frustration as hard as he could at the glass behind his net in one of the games I attended this year, I didn’t like that. He has had to reel it in and looks to have humbled himself as of late. It could just have been immaturity like @Kingpin794 was saying, and he may grow out of it/be growing out of it but little things like this teams notice and take into account on draft day.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Look at post #196 in this thread, a post made by someone who has NHL and OHL contacts, because they’re an actual OHL scout.

They know more than you or I will ever know. Now get out of my mentions, you’re just trying to insite arguments with me because you don’t like me for whatever reason.
You could be the player’s dad posting in this forum and someone would claim “appeal to authority fallacy”.

• Haha
Reactions: LeProspector

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Correct, he has been known to showboat during celebrations which other teams wern’t a big fan of - especially earlier in the year. He even shot the puck out of frustration as hard as he could at the glass behind his net in one of the games I attended this year, I didn’t like that. He has had to reel it in and looks to have humbled himself as of late. It could just have been immaturity like @Kingpin794 was saying, and he may grow out of it/be growing out of it but little things like this teams notice and take into account on draft day.
Oh my god is that all? That’s really making a mountain out of a mole hill. Everyone making it seem like he’s got real issues like sneaking out at night to bar hop or that his teammates hate his guts. But no. 99% of hockey players are lifeless robots. Find one that isn’t and it’s something scouts should keep an eye on. Lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
OHL Coaches Poll

Best Playmaker:

Eastern Conference:

1. Calum Ritchie, Oshawa Generals (33)
2. David Goyette, Sudbury Wolves (21)
3. Braeden Kressler, Ottawa 67’s (10)

Western Conference:
1. Zayne Parekh, Saginaw Spirit (25)
2. Denver Barkey, London Knights (20)
3. Hunter Brzustewicz, Kitchener Rangers (19)

Best Offensive Defenceman:

Eastern Conference:

1. Ty Nelson, North Bay Battalion (35) – finished 3rd in 2022-23 and 2022-21
2. Henry Mews, Ottawa 67’s (23)
3. Luca Marrelli, Oshawa Generals (11)

Western Conference:
1. Zayne Parekh, Saginaw Spirit (39)
2. Hunter Brzustewicz, Kitchener Rangers (29)
3. Oliver Bonk, London Knights (11)

Reactions: slumpy43

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Think he will go somewhere in the 4-8 range.

Probably the D I'd have lowest out of the 6, not a big fan on what he will become at the NHL level, but he has the most talent in the draft outside of Celebrini and Demidov.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
See I was right, AGAIN. get out of here everyone doubting me. People just can’t fathom the truth sometimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad