RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Like look how freaking fast he is

I don't watch European leagues very often, so I wouldn't know, but how is the speed in this league compared to the NHL level?

Regardless, it is nice to see a guy with such reach be able to move at a high speed. Really curious to see how Seider progresses in the NHL once he gets there. Wonder why he kept both hands on the stick during that sequence, though. I don't know if I have seen a guy do that while going full speed since I played youth hockey.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
9897511.gif

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I don't watch European leagues very often, so I wouldn't know, but how is the speed in this league compared to the NHL level?

Regardless, it is nice to see a guy with such reach be able to move at a high speed. Really curious to see how Seider progresses in the NHL once he gets there. Wonder why he kept both hands on the stick during that sequence, though. I don't know if I have seen a guy do that while going full speed since I played youth hockey.
It's slower because (1) the ice is bigger and (2) the player are not as good skaters as in the NHL. Regarding how fast kid skates you can do a measurement of how fast he is, if you have the time, I don't, but data on the size of the rink etc is pretty easy to come by. Kid is fast, let's settle at that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is Seider staying in Sweden all year? I’ve seen a lot of talk that he is. He seems NHL ready...is this a contract thing? I highly doubt the Wings have 6 defenders you’d want to play over him, right this moment.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Is Seider staying in Sweden all year? I’ve seen a lot of talk that he is. He seems NHL ready...is this a contract thing? I highly doubt the Wings have 6 defenders you’d want to play over him, right this moment.

I think he has to stay in Sweden until the season is done based on transfer rules. With that being said, their year is supposed to be done in March. If the NHL season starts on time, he'll miss a month or two of it and come back in game shape ready to play. I think the risk of missing some NHL games this year was worth him getting to play guaranteed hockey during a pretty important development time for him.

There definitely isnt 6 defenders the wings want playing over him, but at worst if things all go to plan, he'll still get a few months in the NHL this year

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

If you get loaned to the SHL its for the entire season he cant leave to play in another league. With the NHL starting late, he'll definitely be able to come over and play after the SHL season is finished... thats a lot of hockey though.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
he was in the DEL but the season got postponed and the Wings wanted him playing. So he went to the Shl like others said he’s stuck there for the year

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He has an nhl contract, and is on loan to the shl. As opposed to having an shl contract and no nhl contract. He can be re-called at any time. It happened to William Nylander a few years back when he was loaned.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
He has an nhl contract, and is on loan to the shl. As opposed to having an shl contract and no nhl contract. He can be re-called at any time. It happened to William Nylander a few years back when he was loaned.
Shl has different rules this year

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018

SHL regular season ends March 11th, and Rogle is one of the top teams in the league, so it should be reasonable to expect a couple playoff games. Realistically, April-ish is when we could potentially see him in Detroit if they have an 82 game season with a Jan 1st start.

When the official NHL schedule is released I think we'll have more of an answer on if Seider plays in the NHL or not this season

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Like look how freaking fast he is

this guy is a monster and future #1 nhl dman . absolutely dominant when opponant has puck all 200' , then also a very positive force on offense because of smarts , soft hands , excellent all around skating for a big man . yzerman stepped right in and made a tough first call that was right on the money and added an elite star player that will be right there with anybody including dahlin .

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
this guy is a monster and future #1 nhl dman . absolutely dominant when opponant has puck all 200' , then also a very positive force on offense because of smarts , soft hands , excellent all around skating for a big man . yzerman stepped right in and made a tough first call that was right on the money and added an elite star player that will be right there with anybody including dahlin .

Holy moly. Wheeler just released his top 50 ranking, and Seider wasn't even in the top 20. Pronman just called Seider a high end prospect, but not special or elite. Relax a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Holy moly. Wheeler just released his top 50 ranking, and Seider wasn't even in the top 20. Pronman just called Seider a high end prospect, but not special or elite. Relax a little.

Yeah, that’s some homerism for Seider, but citing Wheeler’s rankings as though they have more than a modicum of credibility doesn’t help the argument. It really feels like theres a big push to artificially legitimize Wheeler on this board lately.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
SHL regular season ends March 11th, and Rogle is one of the top teams in the league, so it should be reasonable to expect a couple playoff games. Realistically, April-ish is when we could potentially see him in Detroit if they have an 82 game season with a Jan 1st start.

When the official NHL schedule is released I think we'll have more of an answer on if Seider plays in the NHL or not this season

There's about a 0% chance they play 82 games this season.

The only reason they were able to get away with playing the playoffs in August this year is because the bubble cities were Edmonton and Toronto.

Wheeler's list was garbage for many more reasons than just his Seider ranking.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
There's about a 0% chance they play 82 games this season.

The only reason they were able to get away with playing the playoffs in August this year is because the bubble cities were Edmonton and Toronto.

Wheeler's list was garbage for many more reasons than just his Seider ranking.

Yeah, that’s some homerism for Seider, but citing Wheeler’s rankings as though they have more than a modicum of credibility doesn’t help the argument. It really feels like theres a big push to artificially legitimize Wheeler on this board lately.

Pronman has Seider projected similarly.....IIRC Button did as well. Those guys lack credibility as well? Where exactly is this #1D narrative coming from? The only people I see pushing it are Detroit fans on these boards.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Pronman has Seider projected similarly.....IIRC Button did as well. Those guys lack credibility as well? Where exactly is this #1D narrative coming from? The only people I see pushing it are Detroit fans on these boards.

Button hasn't changed his opinion on Seider since the draft, despite pretty much everybody else doing so. He still wants to stick with his "Brandon Carlo clone", hot take. After having to suffer through his random bi-polar screaming rants last week, I'm starting to take him less and less seriously.

Pronman does a pretty good job compiling information on players, but still has his weird takes every now and then.

If Seider only ends up a 30 point guy, I'm still more than comfortable rolling him out on the top pairing. If that's what you want to take a victory lap on, have fun little fella.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbwingsfan

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The #1D narrative is coming from his on-ice play, where is the narrative that he doesn't have that potential coming from? If someone has watched him a substantial amount at the WJC, AHL and now SHL and doesn't think he has #1D potential I would seriously question that person's credibility.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
For some perspective, Pronman also considers Byram only a, "High End" prospect...

By the way, by Pronman's own definition: "High-end NHL prospect: Projects as a first-line forward, a top-pair defenseman or a top 10 starting goaltender."

Reactions: alexislafreniere

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
The #1D narrative is coming from his on-ice play, where is the narrative that he doesn't have that potential coming from? If someone has watched him a substantial amount at the WJC, AHL and now SHL and doesn't think he has #1D potential I would seriously question that person's credibility.

You're suggesting Pronman and Wheeler haven't watched Seider? What exactly is your argument? And you're questioning their credibility and pointing to biased Wings posters because that makes sense?

For some perspective, Pronman also considers Byram only a, "High End" prospect...

By the way, by Pronman's own definition: "High-end NHL prospect: Projects as a first-line forward, a top-pair defenseman or a top 10 starting goaltender."

I'm not disputing he can be a top pair guy. But there's a huge distinction between a top pair dman and the poster who I quoted, who projected him to be "dominant when opponant has puck all 200' , then also a very positive force on offense because of smarts ,

in addition to "an elite star player that will be right there with anybody including dahlin"

That's ridiculous and you know it.

NHL prospect rankings: Wheeler's top 50, post-2020 draft edition

Wheeler's latest analysis of Seider point to a lack of upside as some of the elite prospects as well as a lack of offensive ceiling. That's what is limiting him. How exactly is that wrong?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You're suggesting Pronman and Wheeler haven't watched Seider? What exactly is your argument? And you're questioning their credibility and pointing to biased Wings posters because that makes sense?

I'm not disputing he can be a top pair guy. But there's a huge distinction between a top pair dman and the poster who I quoted, who projected him to be "dominant when opponant has puck all 200' , then also a very positive force on offense because of smarts ,

in addition to "an elite star player that will be right there with anybody including dahlin"

That's ridiculous and you know it.

NHL prospect rankings: Wheeler's top 50, post-2020 draft edition

Wheeler's latest analysis of Seider point to a lack of upside as some of the elite prospects as well as a lack of offensive ceiling. That's what is limiting him. How exactly is that wrong?

The person you're specifically quoting has a habit of going to the extreme with everything...

... The general opinion among Wings fans has been that if Seider can continue to develop his offensive game, he can be a #1D. Obviously, that's a big if.

Please stop sending me Wheeler's list. It's shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad