RD Mitchell Miller - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2020, 111th, ARI, rights renounced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Well, apparently he was still doing it after the conviction.
Is that speculation or proved? Hard to believe he’d get away with it after being convicted already, would think there would be some form of probation/restraining order and escalating punishment.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

lawrence

May 19, 2012
So since he got caught at 14 for being a POS and complied with the courts sentencing has he been involved in anymore documented bullying in the last 4 years? Surely if he’s still a sociopath in the day of social media there’s reports coming in of other victims like in the cases of Bill Cosby, #MeToo, Bill Peters, Mike Babcock etc... and have his parents ever said anything publicly?

no because at this point he’s aware of his hockey abilities and probably was advised to stop being a bigot and racist to increase his chance at a ncaa scholarship and ultimately getting drafted to an nhl team.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
deserves everything that has happened to him. If he really still wants a shot ball is in his court and he has to work his ass off to gain another opportunity. If I ran a team I wouldn't want to take a chance on him either.

Reactions: Kalv

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's kinda weird, that they didn't go to a court with those repeated cases, but prefered to use crazy activists and press to ruine the kid's career... Or is it not weird, but pretty typical for modern America?

The victim's family did not initiate the backlash, the only active thing they did was write a letter to the Coyotes in response to statements by the organization.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
The victim's family did not initiate the backlash, the only active thing they did was write a letter to the Coyotes in response to statements by the organization.
The media publishing the letter is more what initiated the backlash. That happened one day after the statement from Armstrong.

People are willing to make large uncharitable inferences one way and avoid much smaller ones the other way. There ought to be a lot more humility all around.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The only thing responsible for Mitchell Miller's downfall is Mitchell Miller.
I can understand why some people try to figure out reasons for Miller’s abuse of that mentally disabled child. Normally functioning people can’t understand this type of abhorrent behaviour, so we (some of us; not me) look for a logical reason. We ask ourselves: how can anyone do such horrible things? There is no logical reason for sick behaviour. Miller’s abuse of the mentally disabled is sociopathic.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Needs to get out from the parents and who ever else's guidance that got him here and go start by taking true responsibility for the disgraceful actions. Own you tried to sweep it under the rug and had no true regret.

Go do your college career and if you can show in 4 years you are a better man by actually doing things to improve your mental health and still good at hockey someone will give you a chance.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
So since he got caught at 14 for being a POS and complied with the courts sentencing has he been involved in anymore documented bullying in the last 4 years? Surely if he’s still a sociopath in the day of social media there’s reports coming in of other victims like in the cases of Bill Cosby, #MeToo, Bill Peters, Mike Babcock etc... and have his parents ever said anything publicly?
The victims mom said that he sometimes rode his bike past their house. Thats really all we know since the actual crime

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

So they didn't all of a sudden recall about all those repeated bulling cases after Miller was drafted, but went to court immediately, and it was the court, that refused to bring him to justice?

Reactions: themelkman

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So they didn't all of a sudden recall about all those repeated bulling cases after Miller was drafted, but went to court immediately, and it was the court, that refused to bring him to justice?
Are you suggesting Miller isn’t responsible for the situation he now finds himself in? Miller, over several years and up to age 16, abused a mentally disabled child.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Are you suggesting Miller isn’t responsible for the situation he now finds himself in? Miller, over several years and up to age 16, abused a mentally disabled child.

As far as I understand, he was sentensed for what he did at age 14. All other cases emerged only after he was drafted.

I personally hate situations, when people are punished by so called public opinion and not by proper institutions. Public opinion did terrible things in the past.

Reactions: blindpass

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This guy is such a piece of shit, it's quite remarkable really. Hes had chance after chance to simply apologize, but he chose to continue being an asshole. I have a friend who's been through rehab at least 3 or 4 times. At some point they're a lost cause. I was a dick too when I was a kid, but jesus, the shit this kid did was insane. This guy doesnt deserve an NHL career.

His possibility to apologize was closed by the judge, who ordered him to not talk to the victim anymore. As has been rehashed in this thread a thousand times, the other guy was smart enough to apologize in court, but Miller didn't do that. Well, after that the opportunity was closed: he didn't have chance after chance. It was closed. Also, he obviously wrote the letter of apology, I assume that's a given when he was ordered to do that.

There is no way we can sit here and say that he never has regretted what he did, or for the right reasons. The fact so many people think they can read minds- even of people hundreds of miles away- is just baffling.

Wasn’t it roller blading by the house too?

The victims mother made an issue out of 'continued bullying'. This seems to have been rollerblading past their house an unknown number of times, also something about making gestures or something. To me, that might just have well have been a clumsy attempt to make the victim step out and let Miller clear the air before he moved. This is of course speculation and best case. But you see: I'm not running with the worst case and just assume he is still an asshole and all of that, automatically.

Well, the cancel-culture people have managed to cancel his drafting, and also his spot on the university team. So I guess they should be happy now. Of course, they would have preferred having him tarred and feathered, flogged and hopefully dumped in Siberia afterwards. I throw in some remote mind-reading myself as this has been so popular. They will have to settle with Russia as such, based on this thread though.

There is a massive amount of ad hominem attacks in threads about Miller, I have noticed. Some people saying anyone trying to defend him (by attempting to moderate the hate) are automatically bullys and racists, some people saying anyone defending him was a high-school bully, bla bla bla. Well, so much hate all around. Scary.

I wish him luck. Even if that gives the lynch-gang a possible target.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
His possibility to apologize was closed by the judge, who ordered him to not talk to the victim anymore. As has been rehashed in this thread a thousand times, the other guy was smart enough to apologize in court, but Miller didn't do that. Well, after that the opportunity was closed: he didn't have chance after chance. It was closed. Also, he obviously wrote the letter of apology, I assume that's a given when he was ordered to do that.

There is no way we can sit here and say that he never has regretted what he did, or for the right reasons. The fact so many people think they can read minds- even of people hundreds of miles away- is just baffling.

The victims mother made an issue out of 'continued bullying'. This seems to have been rollerblading past their house an unknown number of times, also something about making gestures or something. To me, that might just have well have been a clumsy attempt to make the victim step out and let Miller clear the air before he moved. This is of course speculation and best case. But you see: I'm not running with the worst case and just assume he is still an asshole and all of that, automatically.

Well, the cancel-culture people have managed to cancel his drafting, and also his spot on the university team. So I guess they should be happy now. Of course, they would have preferred having him tarred and feathered, flogged and hopefully dumped in Siberia afterwards. I throw in some remote mind-reading myself as this has been so popular. They will have to settle with Russia as such, based on this thread though.

There is a massive amount of ad hominem attacks in threads about Miller, I have noticed. Some people saying anyone trying to defend him (by attempting to moderate the hate) are automatically bullys and racists, some people saying anyone defending him was a high-school bully, bla bla bla. Well, so much hate all around. Scary.

I wish him luck. Even if that gives the lynch-gang a possible target.
Maybe a normally mentally developed person could understand if Miller’s intentions were benign, but the target of Miller’s abuse is mentally disabled. So roller blading past the victim’s house could certainly only further traumatize the victim, don’t you think?
Bullying a kid for several years is one thing that’s very concerning, but what takes Miller’s actions to another level (imo sociopathic) is the target is mentally disabled.
What’s wrong with Miller that he would, up to age 16, attack a mentally disabled person?

Reactions: Desert Duck

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, a good young prospect who's forbidden to play hockey in NA, what a stupid thing to not pass by the opporunity to get the one.

Could also sign good guy Voynov while at it.

Because why stop at a racist bully, when you can also sign a wife beater?

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Maybe a normally mentally developed person could understand if Miller’s intentions were benign, but the target of Miller’s abuse is mentally disabled. So roller blading past the victim’s house could certainly only further traumatize the victim, don’t you think?
Bullying a kid for several years is one thing that’s very concerning, but what takes Miller’s actions to another level (imo sociopathic) is the target is mentally disabled.
What’s wrong with Miller that he would, up to age 16, attack a mentally disabled person?
We know he did it up to age 14. I think it is dishonest to say 16.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Kids arent good people automatically. Kids with mental disabilities probably get bullied everywhere and its awful, but some kids arent raised to respect others and understand how different people arent worse people. The crux of the argument here is one side saying that shitty people deserve a chance to change themselves, and the other side thinks that its too late for that and the life was decided when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad