RD Mitchell Miller - HK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia (2020, 111th, ARI rights renounced; signed by BOS, released) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Good for you then, seriously. Most people, I think they probably have had a moral breach at the same level like he did.
Same level of moral breach as...rubbing things on the inside of a urinal and forcing a mentally disabled kid to eat it? Yeah no, didn't ever go to that level. Would haunt me every day if I had.

How about the fact that he apologized to the teams in the league pre-draft, but never the kid he abused? How about the court magistrate in Ohio that said he had never shown remorse and seemed to be more upset about his reputation?

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
Same level of moral breach as...rubbing things on the inside of a urinal and forcing a mentally disabled kid to eat it? Yeah no, didn't ever go to that level. Would haunt me every day if I had.

How about the fact that he apologized to the teams in the league pre-draft, but never the kid he abused? How about the court magistrate in Ohio that said he had never shown remorse and seemed to be more upset about his reputation?
Uh oh virtue signaling gunna be out in full force. They are good people and anyone with a different opinion is bad.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Good for you then, seriously. Most people, I think they probably have had a moral breach at the same level like he did.
:skeptic:

Just thinking of the severity of his bullying (racial abuse, physical abuse, abuse of a person with disability), I can't think of this being very common. At all. I mean, who hasn't had a juvenile bullying case and conviction against them, amrite? :sarcasm:

And, as an adult, he doesn't seem to be capable to even want to put much effort into faking remorse about it either.

You, dear sir, are utterly and completely out to lunch with that bolded statement.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
And it tells you what about Miller?

Yes, Slovak league isn't the strongest, that's nothing new. Miller is head and shoulders above it though at 21 after missing a full season the year before completely.

You can say Archambault couldn't cut the AHL, I can say Regenda made the Ducks roster out of the camp last year after moving from Slovakia. Two can play this game so why don't we just focus on the Miller who happens to be equally non-comparable to either of those?
I mean all that really shows is Miller is as good as a guy who’s barely able to make the worst team in the league part time.

As some others have said, if Miller goes on to tear up the KHL then maybe a team will eventually take a flier on him, but as of now no team is going is going to risk the PR nightmare for a guy who’s not considered a top prospect t

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Miller the player is hard to gauge. He was USHL Defenseman of the year, the Coyotes tried to draft him and Bruins tried to sign him with the baggage but both renounced due to backlash. He didn't have the opportunity to play College Hockey due to backlash. He'd either be a college senior or, more likely, in the AHL right now if it weren't for the controversies. He's likely a good player, how good, who knows if all anyone is going off is stat watching or armchair scouting.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean all that really shows is Miller is as good as a guy who’s barely able to make the worst team in the league part time.
So you are saying after missing full year of hockey he couldn't just step into the NHL playoff team full time? Well, shit.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I am sure you know his heart

He fed a kid with developmental disabilities stuff out of a urinal, never apologized directly, and gave all the “learned my lesson” lip service to the league required for one team to draft him and another to try signing him.

We don’t need to “know his heart”; we know he’s a shit-for-brains by the order of events. Hell, rather than actually make a real effort at correcting things after the fact, he ran off to Slovakia.

People of quality character don’t do things in that order, and making a snide defense of a person with such low character tends to suggest sociopathy by proxy.

Give your head a good, hard series of shakes.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
DeAngelo plays in the NHL. Niederreiter was accused of racial slurs and plays.

The problem right now is Mitch Miller and his representatives said he apologized to the young man he bullied and harassed and that he was doing work to be a better person, but turns out that's all a lie.

But, yes in most cases the general public cares more about you being racist than if you SA someone.
Neiderreiter was accused of a racial slur against Kadri, and then Kadri came out and said "no it wasn't a racial slur at all", and then it was done with. Unless you're referring to another incident?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
21 points in 14 games. I think he’s doing just fine and will make a solid living as a hockey player. Don’t matter if he ever plays a game in the NHL or not, once he’s done playing he’ll be set for life if his investment planners are on their game.

All this talk about him -not- playing in the NHL and yet there are worse people playing in it and no one’s mentioning that. Hypocrites.

I don’t condone anything he’s done or will take any steps to defend his character but the problem with him is himself as a person, not as a hockey player. Yet we’re so focused on him playing hockey yet he’s… still playing hockey and making real money at it. Sad.

5-10 years from now or less, if his skills really continue showing up, an NHL team will find a way to get him once he’s gone on the “Tim Thomas World Tour” and he’ll raise the Cup as an elite 1D.

A team will deal with the nonsense once enough time has passed by and his story is repeated so many times that it becomes background noise, especially since outside that whole situation he’s seemingly staying out of trouble.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So you are saying after missing full year of hockey he couldn't just step into the NHL playoff team full time? Well, shit.
I’m saying playing very well at the Slovak level does not mean teams will take the PR nightmare of signing him. It doesn’t prove future NHL success.

If he moves onto the KHL and tears that up, then I’m sure some team will remove any pretend morals they have and say he’s “rehabilitated” and try to sign him.

Reactions: Czechboy

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I’m saying playing very well at the Slovak level does not mean teams will take the PR nightmare of signing him. It doesn’t prove future NHL success.
As far as I can tell nobody was debating that. The argument was that doing well in the Slovak league doesn't even mean you can play/do well in the AHL. Which it does. Of course it would take a lot more than that for him to open the NHL door.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
1. He’s not going to stay in the Slovak league at this production rate. Will clearly get a job in the KHL or similar.

2. The high end of the Slovak league is $64k+
64k a year is barely liveable in a lot of city’s in North America especially with a family.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

As some others have said, if Miller goes on to tear up the KHL then maybe a team will eventually take a flier on him, but as of now no team is going is going to risk the PR nightmare for a guy who’s not considered a top prospect t
Says a lot about the hypocrisy of professional sports and in particular sports media in America.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
64k a year is barely liveable in a lot of city’s in North America especially with a family.
It’s a good thing Slovakia isn’t in North America then right? Or that he’s 21 and doesn’t have a family? Or that he’s not going to spend his whole career in the Slovak league? Or that $64k is still more than many people live on, where you get half the year off and could just work in the off-season?

Says a lot about the hypocrisy of professional sports and in particular sports media in America.
Of course it does, no disagreement there.

But as is, playing well in the Slovak league really means nothing on a future NHL career.

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
You're hanging out with the wrong type of people if that's what you think
People like you think they are living morally when they are living by their own set of morals. Easy to meet your own standard of morality isnt it. Seems to me the guy your judging here is just honest with himself about humans in general.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Just one guy talking out loud, but that racist CAT scan on skates is lucky to have work abroad.

That amount of good grace is enough. Playing pro hockey is a privilege, and that “child” is f***ing lucky to have a spot like Eastern Europe as removed from Western BS as much to overlook how he shat on that privilege by displaying a lack of decency that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad