RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The ducks having him play the left side because of rhd overload....

Best player for the Ducks tonight... Playing his off side.... In the NHL. Sky's the limit watch the game tonight and focus on him if you wanna see.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
The ducks having him play the left side because of rhd overload....

Best player for the Ducks tonight... Playing his off side.... In the NHL. Sky's the limit watch the game tonight and focus on him if you wanna see.

This kid is exciting to watch, along with the rest of the youth on this team.

I love the left wing depth, Zegras and Comtois. Maybe Zegras is ment for centre, but only time will tell. Hopefully you guys can find some players on the right wing, so Jones can move back to the left wing on the third line.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry will be our #1RW for a while, he's gonna be gooood.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think Drysdale has Keith's mean streak. The only downside to Drysdale MIGHT be his lack of size and strength, but if small guys like Spurgeon can find ways to survive and excel in the NHL then there's no reason that he can't. If he could be sheltered by Ekholm for the first couple of years I think it would help him a lot. Could end up being a scary good D pair.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I don't think Drysdale has Keith's mean streak. The only downside to Drysdale MIGHT be his lack of size and strength, but if small guys like Spurgeon can find ways to survive and excel in the NHL then there's no reason that he can't. If he could be sheltered by Ekholm for the first couple of years I think it would help him a lot. Could end up being a scary good D pair.
Definitely doesn't have a mean streak at all but he he isn't afraid to throw a little cross check to a forward that wants to park in front of the net and I think he has a much more solid build than almost all of our rookies. Just a bit squatier of a build than zegras, steel, Terry types. He isn't yet strong in the corners but much stronger than the aforementioned.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Lindholm not Ekholm, but yes he should be an ideal partner for Drysdale. The only problem there is that Lindholm and whoever he plays with will always be given the toughest matchup, so Drysdale will have to show he's ready for that.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lindholm not Ekholm, but yes he should be an ideal partner for Drysdale. The only problem there is that Lindholm and whoever he plays with will always be given the toughest matchup, so Drysdale will have to show he's ready for that.
brain fart...Lindholm

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not like he's the best shutdown guy in the league, but what do you mean?
Sounds like you are talking about Theodore a few years back, but Drysdale has been really impressive in the defensive end.
Pretty self explanatory, he’ll get better defensively with age...

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Pretty self explanatory, he’ll get better defensively with age...
From what you wrote to me it sounded like the defensive side is not there at all.
Just pointing out he's very solid with defensive side already. But sure he will get better

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am a big fan of Drysdale. He is custom built for the modern NHL. Very nice pick by the Ducks to get a difference maker at #6.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Once he figures out how to use his skating at the NHL level he will be really good. May have been too low on him at the draft.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It amazes me how posters keep assuming that he is bad defensively, just because he is under 6', can skate like the wind, and carry the puck. Like most prospects who aren't Giants, you wonder if he can take the pounding of the NHL, but his defense and commitment to defense was never in question. The guy is a true two way defender, especially good at defending speed.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ducks grab one of Hughes, Power or Edvidsson (all left shots) to partner with him. Scary.
Yeah, an ANA would be set for a decade on D. It's not like Lindholm is an old man, either. Add in a great young goalie...well, that's pretty nice.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It amazes me how posters keep assuming that he is bad defensively, just because he is under 6', can skate like the wind, and carry the puck. Like most prospects who aren't Giants, you wonder if he can take the pounding of the NHL, but his defense and commitment to defense was never in question. The guy is a true two way defender, especially good at defending speed.
I think he’s actually really good on defense... obviously still learning as he’s young but he hasn’t really left me going wtf is he doing?

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he’s actually really good on defense... obviously still learning as he’s young but he hasn’t really left me going wtf is he doing?
Exactly. At least at lower levels, he was always thought to be an extremely good defender. His speed allows him to take chances offensively, but this is not the type of guy who coasts back when he is caught up ice...he hauls ass. He reminds me of Bobby Orr in that respect.
I still like having a big Dmen with a long reach, but having one he can defend speed because he is fast and has great skating ability is also becoming a necessity.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We would just have to win every game 2-1.
Hey, there's no law that says Dmen can't score. Having a Dman get back to the puck quickly, evade the forecheck, and move the puck up to the forwards is a big boost to the offense, even though it doesn't always show on the scoresheet.

Reactions: theVladiator

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Hey, there's no law that says Dmen can't score. Having a Dman get back to the puck quickly, evade the forecheck, and move the puck up to the forwards is a big boost to the offense, even though it doesn't always show on the scoresheet.

100%, and thats why we will get 2 goals instead of 0.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In the WJC there was even a segment about Drysdale and most of it was about how he works with Paul Ranger on his defensive side. Drysdale himself had said so many times before the season how much pride he takes in being defensively responsible, and to the point, I was worried he would become a defense-first guy that doesn't chip in offensively. I have been much less worried since he showed up to the NHL :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Last game again led the Ducks in ice time and was matched up against the Avs top line.
Was on ice when GWG was allowed and you could kind of blame him, but hey. He turned 19 this week as well.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'd say the defensive side of his game is actually stronger than his offense. His gap control is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad