RD Henri Jokiharju (2017, 29th, CHI; traded to BUF)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Managed to muscle Tarasenko off the puck in OT to set Toews up for the win.

Dude looks like he belongs. I thought he was gonna be an offensive playmaker who was a bit of a mess defensively, but he is sound, very impressed.
Yep. Second game in the league as a 19yo and he's already able to defend against Tarasenko on multiple occasions. Had two assists too, so he's currently PPG!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Pre draft the best I could come up with is actually Keith.
His offensive abilities and defensive abilities are about even. Has very good defensive instincts and offensive tools. Love this kid and I think he is a stud. 2017 draft class looking impressive.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Was listening to the Blues radio broadcast, and I swear they said his name every 30 seconds lol. Sounds like he’s been impressive so far, as much as that pains me to say about a Hawk.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Was listening to the Blues radio broadcast, and I swear they said his name every 30 seconds lol. Sounds like he’s been impressive so far, as much as that pains me to say about a Hawk.

He has basically had a trial by fire being set up with Keith on the top pair he was pretty shaky to start the game against Ottawa. He had a much better showing on both ends even getting shots on net (which is rare for Keith) good game on both aspects today.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
An in-depth article about some of his shifts from last night for those with a subscription to The Athletic. Video session: Breaking down Henri Jokiharju's impressive...

Things to note about Jokiharju and last nights game:
-Defending against Tarasenko isn't supposed to look this easy.
-Blues, on paper, are a damn good team yet the kid wasn't phased at all.
-He was picked #29th overall in 2017. 8 defensemen were drafted ahead of him, but Heiskanen (3rd overall) and Valimaki (16th overall) are the only defensemen picked ahead of Henri who are currently playing in the NHL.
-And he has a late birthday too, so he'll be 19 for the rest of the season.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I'm really baffled how the Hawks always seem to get good players out of the draft even though they don't have high picks since Kane and Toews..

It seems like their model is to just rush their prospects ASAP and it always seems to work.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I'm really baffled how the Hawks always seem to get good players out of the draft even though they don't have high picks since Kane and Toews..

It seems like their model is to just rush their prospects ASAP and it always seems to work.
Why, it's almost as if "rushing players" is just something journalists use to fill column space...

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Screw it, he’s coming for the Calder. Our best defenseman on the ice, looking calm and composed, putting up points.

I believe we have a steal on our hands boys.

Reactions: AmericanDream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Like Teemu said, 5pts in 3 games. Or more accurately

Honestly, that usually only happens with offensive forwards (DeBrincat and Schmaltz being recent examples).

Out of defensemen we drafted, Stephen Johns is a middle pairing RHD....for Dallas. Leddy was acquired via a trade. Forsling was acquired via a trade. Outside of Jokiharju now, it probably hasn't been since Hjalmarsson that we've drafted a defensemen who has done anything for us. And he's in his thirties playing for Arizona now so....

Reactions: Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad