RD Bogdan Konyushkov - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2023, 110th, MTL)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He looks pretty good in the KHL but with the frame of a Jordan Harris, he will need to add a good bit of mass and strength. I've only seen about 8 games though.

What I will say is I feel everyone is sleeping on Artamonov, I always found him impressive in the games (which I have but can't upload to youtube since KHL games are geo blocked)

He's still bigger than Quinn Hughes.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Two years left on his contract with Torpedo. Anything to indicate he eventually signs with the Canadiens?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He looks pretty good in the KHL but with the frame of a Jordan Harris, he will need to add a good bit of mass and strength. I've only seen about 8 games though.

What I will say is I feel everyone is sleeping on Artamonov, I always found him impressive in the games (which I have but can't upload to youtube since KHL games are geo blocked)
I find him pretty strong physically for a 5'11 defenseman, he wins alot of puck battles with great stick work, gap and smarts, he sure can hold his own 1 on 1. He is a much better skater than Harris, his mobility is close to elite level. His processing speed is also quite something, he reacts and adjusts pretty quickly to any situations, what makes him a very high IQ player. I would say his shot needs to get better if he wants to quarterback a top PP unit one day, but overall his tools are impresive, I see him as a legit top 4 in the making.

Reactions: waitin425

Blue Chip Prospect

Feb 9, 2019
Montreal
I find him pretty strong physically for a 5'11 defenseman, he wins alot of puck battles with great stick work, gap and smarts, he sure can hold his own 1 on 1. He is a much better skater than Harris, his mobility is close to elite level. His processing speed is also quite something, he reacts and adjusts pretty quickly to any situations, what makes him a very high IQ player. I would say his shot needs to get better if he wants to quarterback a top PP unit one day, but overall his tools are impresive, I see him as a legit top 4 in the making.
It's crazy how much opinions can differ.

You say he's a much better skater than Harris and close to elite and I say it's the other way around but non of them are close to elite, like at all.
I agree with the processing speed, I think he takes good and quick decision with and without the puck and he's quite balanced.

I also think that wether he improves on his shot or not, he's never sniffing a PP1 unit in the NHL, the puck skills and shot will never get there imo.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, just that mine is vastly different from yours and found that it was interesting lol.

Reactions: Flynn84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad