Speculation: RBAs next contract

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
YAAAAAAAASSSSS!

giphy.gif

Not thrilled about the “staff” getting extended. Would’ve definitely liked some change on the assistant side of things because at some point the special teams failures have to stop falling on the players.

A PP with Aho, Guentzel, Jarvis, Svech and Burns should not be incompetent.
I agree. So happy Rod is back I am choosing to celebrate. But lettuce pray for some adjustments because I have no idea where they’ll come from at this point.

Reactions: Daeavorn and DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Powerplay performance in each series loss with this staff (shorthanded goals against not included)

• vs Boston 2018-19 they were 1/14
  • vs Boston 2019-20 they were 2/15
  • vs Tampa 2020-21 they were 2/14
  • vs Rangers 2021-22 they were 2/18
  • vs Panthers 2022-23 they were 2/14
  • vs Rangers 2023-24 they were 2/21
But sure, let's bring back Daniels. I'm sure scoring 2 goals maximum on the PP over a 7-game series will work out for us the next time around.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Powerplay performance in each series loss with this staff (shorthanded goals against not included)

• vs Boston 2018-19 they were 1/14
  • vs Boston 2019-20 they were 2/15
  • vs Tampa 2020-21 they were 2/14
  • vs Rangers 2021-22 they were 2/18
  • vs Panthers 2022-23 they were 2/14
  • vs Rangers 2023-24 they were 2/21
But sure, let's bring back Daniels. I'm sure scoring 2 goals maximum on the PP over a 7-game series will work out for us the next time around.
For the 1 millionth time, he doest even run the f***ing powerplay.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
For the 1 millionth time, he doest even run the f***ing powerplay.

Literally every time I've asked, no one has a clue who runs the PP. I've heard Daniels, I've heard Brindamour, I've heard both.

But considering we're obviously not letting Brindamour go, that leaves one person who should be falling on the sword for those PP results

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Literally every time I've asked, no one has a clue who runs the PP. I've heard Daniels, I've heard Brindamour, I've heard both.

But considering we're obviously not letting Brindamour go, that leaves one person who should be falling on the sword for those PP results
How about the players fall on the sword? Do you think the coaching staff told them to stand still and not move around at all? Do you think they coached them to lose damn near every face off so thet arent even staring the powerplay until 1:40 left? Did they coach Svech to trip the guy off the draw?

This isnt the NFL. There is no such thing as a magic special teams coach. Anyone remember Kirk Muller? He hasnt had a good powerplay since Andrei Markov.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I will do it. I will coach the PP.

Honestly, I'm still of the opinion that we should take a penalty immediately off the draw to start every PP. We had players that performed better with more open ice to work with, and obviously 5-on-4 wasn't much of an advantage for us, so going 4-on-4 from there couldn't hurt

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Honestly, I'm still of the opinion that we should take a penalty immediately off the draw to start every PP. We had players that performed better with more open ice to work with, and obviously 5-on-4 wasn't much of an advantage for us, so going 4-on-4 from there couldn't hurt

Here's what I would do. If they fail to score on the first PP, decline the next or bribe the refs to award a penalty shot instead. This will save us all the aggravation and prevent unnecessary short-handed goals.

Personally I think it's so genius, it will eventually become a trend in the league.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Here's what I would do. If they fail to score on the first PP, decline the next or bribe the refs to award a penalty shot instead. This will save us all the aggravation and prevent unnecessary short-handed goals.

Personally I think it's so genius, it will eventually become a trend in the league.

No seriously, we scored twice on the PP and allowed 2 SHGs during the Rangers series So basically a net neutral with the man advantage.

I'm not sure if any 4-on-4 goals were scored in that series, but even getting +1 in that stat is a better result.

Now if we get killed 4-on-4 as well, the obvious solution is to just keep taking penalties and trying our luck scoring shorthanded

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Needed multiple years because next one or two could be dicey. I’m figuring ‘25-26 is when the team may be positioned to be a bigger factor again.

Reactions: DaveG

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I already own the copy right to this idea.

1000005317.png

Reactions: geehaad

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
RBA’s requirements:

1) Martinook on the first line
2) J staal second line
3) andersen lose every game

Glad we have this moron locked up.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wonderful so goalie coach included in that huh?
Man, I actually think goalie coaching was a very bright spot for us this year. The way we rebounded after Raanta collapsed and Freddie went out and we needed to dumpster dive for Martin speaks to very good coaching.

As for the playoffs, Brindy is the one controlling who plays when, so that's on him. And there's little you can do to coach away the mental mistakes Freddie showed late. That's just one player crumbling under bright lights

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Rod has earned the right to coach here as long as he wants. The man helped us win our first cup and now has helped us rise to prominence among hockey clubs that normally hate us.

5 years is a good long time, and this likely could be Rods last ride. I still believe that he is a good coach and as long as we make the playoffs every year we have a chance to win the cup.

Next year is gonna be a transition year and after that we get to see if Nikishin comes over.

I'm excited to see how Rod can help the young man develop.

Let's go Canes!

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad