Razer Phone

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You guys seen this?

Smartphone for Gamers - Razer Phone

I am pretty soaked up in Apple (phone, watch) but I really like the sound / look of this phone. I am not big on Android but I am kind of irked that Apple's solution to killing peoples CPU "for battery life" (which I think is a lie) is to just charge people less for a battery replacement instead of making an option to turn off throttling the CPU. AKA, 'you still owe us money to fix it but since we were found out (and didn't admit it on our own) we will make it cheaper for you to fix'

How many people who don't know any better are going to go to an Apple store to get their battery replaced and decided to buy some other crap or be coerced into buying a warranty plan or something they don't need?

Okay enough of my rant. This Razer phone looks amazing! The only downside I see is the camera doesn't look like it takes as high of quality of pictures as my iPhone 8. Outside of that I would be willing to give Android another go I think.

Anyone have it? Whats your thoughts?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Also its a GSM only phone (sorry Verizon and Spring users) and its only sold online and in Microsoft Stores. Luckily there is an MS store close to me.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
It looks godly tbh. I'm not an iphone person in the first place and knew how anti-consumer Apple has been for a decade+ already anyways though. I will never give them a single dollar. I don't mind macos but if I ever use it I'll build a hackintosh. They overcharge like crazy for their hardware. I say get the razer phone if you can it looks incredible.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It looks godly tbh. I'm not an iphone person in the first place and knew how anti-consumer Apple has been for a decade+ already anyways though. I will never give them a single dollar. I don't mind macos but if I ever use it I'll build a hackintosh. They overcharge like crazy for their hardware. I say get the razer phone if you can it looks incredible.
It always bothered me that Apple started out and is still based on free OS systems but they charge a premium. At least Windows was built from the ground up with DOS and was always intended to be a business / school platform that they charged for. AND they are still cheaper by a long shot in the PC realm.

Anyways back to the phone. I agree it looks insanely good. I may run to the MS store and grab one today.... and subsequently cancel my Apple Music and Apple Watch LTE subscription and save $30 a month lol.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I posted about the Razer Phone in the Android thread a while back when it was announced. Was pretty psyched for the features. My interest waned when I found out it was $900 CDN, and then I just decided to buy the new iPhone.

The screen washes out in sunlight. And the camera isn’t top-notch. But everything else about it seems amazing.

If you can break free from Apple and go for it, I’m very interested in your experiences with it.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Camera isn't great and the 120Hz screen is nice, but it's not OLED. Other than that it's a good phone. At $500 you've got me thinking real hard, but at $700? There are better phones out there for less.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Camera isn't great and the 120Hz screen is nice, but it's not OLED. Other than that it's a good phone. At $500 you've got me thinking real hard, but at $700? There are better phones out there for less.
Yup. A price reduction a la Essential Phone would do wonders to increase sales.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
From what I am reading in reviews it seems that OLED is easily forgettable with how beautiful the screen is at 120hz in 4k. Just depends on the person I guess. I hear complaints that its hard to view at an angle in the sunlight. But honestly, I am never trying to operate my phone at an angle in the sunlight but I guess that's a thing for people.

Yup. A price reduction a la Essential Phone would do wonders to increase sales.
I think if it were sold in more places too.

I am having some second thoughts due to it not being waterproof (never know what can happen!) and the image quality I am seeing and how "laggy" people are saying the camera is. I do take lots of photo's with my phone so right now it's still up in the air whether I will purchase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad