Rayzor Burns: A Collection of Rob Ray's finest phrases

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Duff has deteriorated, in my eyes. He's suffering from FCS (Foligno Complacency Syndrome)... and the dude always looks nice and toasted during the broadcasts.

Unimpressive since he became a full timer IMO.

Sorry for being harsh. Just trying to address the situation as honestly as possible acrost all lines

I don't agree with the first part, but I definitely agree with the second :laugh:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
All in good fun.

But when you're in the public eye, and your job entails speaking and describing plays and situations to viewers and listeners, you should.... Be a bit better with grammar and delivery.
Oh, I agree completely, but it's just scary stuff and I don't envy the guy.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Oh, I agree completely, but it's just scary stuff and I don't envy the guy.

There's really only two choices to improve the Ray-grammar situation:

1) Decrease his role to what it should be, namely the between-the-benches guy. He's great at that.

2) Invent a time machine, take Robbie Ray back to 3rd grade, help him with his English homework and make sure he pays attention in class. Maybe even send little Robbie over to England for a few years for schooling---just so he can come back sounding like an English gentleman-between-the-benches. "Oh, heavens! That chap Patrick Kaleta has his dander up and pops off to the official, resulting in a powerplay. Bloody hell!""

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't agree with the first part, but I definitely agree with the second :laugh:

"Deteriorated" isn't right. My fault. Not a good word choice.

Rather, he hasn't been impeccable and flawless... Last year, he was epically perfect. Scary good. Not nearly as good when you watch him nightly. But still very good at his job, fair to say.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Ray's biggest challenge:

Seen vs. Saw

I think he flips a coin to decide which one to use sometimes.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
His thoughts tonight on the Sens' playoff chances: "I don't think there's no way they miss."

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Updated through 4/12/13 - note that I did a ton of :30 skips through the Montreal game due to how nauseous it made me after the first, so I certainly missed some dandies. Feel free to advise.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
7hyuJI0.png

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
There's really only two choices to improve the Ray-grammar situation:

1) Decrease his role to what it should be, namely the between-the-benches guy. He's great at that.

2) Invent a time machine, take Robbie Ray back to 3rd grade, help him with his English homework and make sure he pays attention in class. Maybe even send little Robbie over to England for a few years for schooling---just so he can come back sounding like an English gentleman-between-the-benches. "Oh, heavens! That chap Patrick Kaleta has his dander up and pops off to the official, resulting in a powerplay. Bloody hell!""

:laugh: i want to hear a british rob ray now

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I am bumping this thread with the return of Sabres TV broadcasts.

"Obviously, the coaching staff looks at things and realizes what last year went wrong"

Love it:
"I think that was a set play. Just fall down, think they got them"

Last edited:

TragicallySabres

Sep 23, 2011
South Buffalo
Last night vs the Caps, Ray talked about one of the Caps 'defensers' making a mistake in is own end. And to think I always imagine he might get a little better over every offseason haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad