Ray Macias

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Jakethesnake said:
Has anyone heard or watched this Californian??? He plays for Kamloops Blazers and is draft eligable next year. He leads all rookies in points in the WHL. I think he has the potential to be drafted. Anyone have any opinions???

Easy there big guy! Macias isn't even close to leading the points race for rookies and btw....I think he only has something like 1 point in his last 10 games! I'm sure the kid will get drafted, but at this point it's too early to say when and where he'll go.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I was at the Giants/Blazers game on Saturday. He didn't really stand out that much, played pretty solid, it was a rather low, tight scoring game. I remember Macias getting rocked one time, but he got right back up. He was named the 3rd star in the game, so he must've done something right.

G-Double

Aug 5, 2002
left coast
Visit site
I was at that game too, he seemed to be a creative player, not afraid to challenge 1v1 . In that game he played forward at even strength and D on the PP so the coach seems to have alot of confidence in him on the point. He himself says he would prefer to play on D, where he feels more comfortable. All in all, i agree it was a very tight checking game and ther wasn't a good deal of room for any free-wheeling which was obvious in the frustration of christensen and johansson who both looked somewhat disinterested.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
G-Double said:
I was at that game too, he seemed to be a creative player, not afraid to challenge 1v1 . In that game he played forward at even strength and D on the PP so the coach seems to have alot of confidence in him on the point. He himself says he would prefer to play on D, where he feels more comfortable. All in all, i agree it was a very tight checking game and ther wasn't a good deal of room for any free-wheeling which was obvious in the frustration of christensen and johansson who both looked somewhat disinterested.

Oh god, you should've heard the people I was with, you probably did, they were yelling out things left and right. Whenever Johansson had the puck they yelled out "Sweddddisshhhhh". That was one of many one liners. What section were you in?

Jakethesnake

May 27, 2003
Sydney
Visit site
Macias started the season D, but becuase of a surplus of D-men at the start of the season, he got alot of time up forward and really showed offensive creativity. He is obviously versatile if he says he is more comfortable at D but still plays awesome up front.

Regarding christenshen and johannson, im gettin bloody sick of them. ive said on many posts how uninterested they seem out there and im glad that you guys in vancouver noticed it too. i say kamloops should get rid of em'.

G-Double

Aug 5, 2002
left coast
Visit site
I was in section K, too low to have a good view though, my mstake, first time at the arena. Anyway, the game was pretty good, and like i said Macias seemed to be the only player trying to create at top speed, Johansson and Christensen looked slow and lazy, despite erik's goal.

Jake, if thats the way they have been playing all season i would let christensen go as he seems to be the bigger floater/more lazy player, what can i say though, i've only seen them in 1 game...hopefully that will change. Kamloops is probably the team i'm going to support in the W because they are supporting hometown kids so to speak for me, being from California and all (before i moved up here.

I wonder if they put Macias with Grochmal because of where they are from and because they came from the same youth team... oh yea, does Casey Lee ever hit or is he too caught up in trying to be a skilled player? That kid has a big frame i thought he'd be using it a little buit more.

Anyway, thats my take on the 1 game...

shazata69

Ok now if yer all done pretending u know it all how about a Kamloops fan's opinion?

Christensen does look disinterested this season and I think alot of it has to do with Clark's defence first system. Erik can't do his thing and I think its time to let him score goals what he does best.

Johansson has been alot more physical this year and has been getting his nose dirty.

Macias I wouldn't doubt if he was a 1st or 2nd rounder in the 2005 Draft as the kid has size, speed and skill.

And lastly, no I don't think we'd just let Erik go he would command alot in a trade and I wouldn't be opposed to trading him. But 14 points in 14 games isn't too bad.

G-Double

Aug 5, 2002
left coast
Visit site
wow, Shzbata AKA the regulator, thanks for stepping up to the mic, its about time. Anyway, i'm not pretending to know anything as i said, all my views were a result of the one game i saw, which i pointed out so as to give a grain of salt with what i said.

Secondly, when i said let him go, i obviously meant in a trade as someone would be insane to just cut him from the team. Actually, i guess it wasn't so obviouss, but now it is... and 14 in 14 for an overager that is one-dimensional is nothing to write home about.

Johansson, threw 1 or 2 checks, nothing major didn't do the damage he could have if he hadn't pulled up right before contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad