WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trying to figure out what the game is here in doing a battle royale for a title other than rushing to do something before the draft.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nia gets a lot of screen time for someone who had nothing at Wrestlemania

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nia gets a lot of screen time for someone who had nothing at Wrestlemania

She is their upper mid card steady heel on a raw roster that is pretty thin.

Good to bully the mid card faces and occasionally challenge a face champ in the offseason, but not someone you are trusting with the belt or giving a big time match at a big 4 show.

Reactions: Habsrule and Jussi

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I guess I don't get why you run a clusterf*** battle royal to kill the last hour rating, when you have KOTR coming up and could've just made the tournament for the title.

... And no I'm not calling it "King and Queen of the Ring" lol. If you wanted to be inclusive just change it to Royalty of the Ring. At least that's not a f***ing obnoxious mouthful.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I guess I don't get why you run a clusterf*** battle royal to kill the last hour rating, when you have KOTR coming up and could've just made the tournament for the title.
Agreed. Now the QotR still is just filler that nobody cares about.

That was a terrible idea with lazy booking. Just handed it to Becky who just lost to the champ at WM. yawn.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

That was a terrible idea with lazy booking. Just handed it to Becky who just lost to the champ at WM. yawn.

I doubt they wanted to keep the title vacant for over a month, and combining it with the QotR wastes another storyline, even if it is a lousy one, the QotR allows for a midcard push for someone to wear a robe and a crown and act like royalty for a few months, it wouldn't make sense to include the Womens world title in there with that.

I would have liked to see a "surprise" winner of the battle royal, and was a little disappointed when it came down to Nia/Liv/Becky, it would have been nice to see someone else get a chance to run with the ball even if it was only for a transitional type reign by someone like Shayna or Chelsea

Reactions: Jussi

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Becky Lynch is terribly boring as a babyface. And her only credible opponent (Nia) she just finished a long drawn out feud with.

I can't stand Jax but she may of been my choice simply because she can pull off the monster heel champ and look unstoppable similar to Ripley.

The seem to be building up Liv. Interesting that look she had with Dom last night? Could we see a storyline where Liv becomes his new "Mami"?

It would of devalued the title but a Maxxine Dupre title run would be more interesting than another Lynch babyface reign. Which says more about Lynch than it does Maxxine considering Dupre can barely wrestle.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I doubt they wanted to keep the title vacant for over a month, and combining it with the QotR wastes another storyline, even if it is a lousy one, the QotR allows for a midcard push for someone to wear a robe and a crown and act like royalty for a few months, it wouldn't make sense to include the Womens world title in there with that.

I would have liked to see a "surprise" winner of the battle royal, and was a little disappointed when it came down to Nia/Liv/Becky, it would have been nice to see someone else get a chance to run with the ball even if it was only for a transitional type reign by someone like Shayna or Chelsea
I don't think a robe and crown does anything for anyone. I think not having a significant reason to watch the tournament was a waste.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I don't think a robe and crown does anything for anyone. I think not having a significant reason to watch the tournament was a waste.

There really has not been any significant reasons to care about the KotR or QotR for several decades, I can't see them starting making it important now, especially when the finals are taking place in the KSA on a show that I would imagine most people will not watch

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
There really has not been any significant reasons to care about the KotR or QotR for several decades, I can't see them starting making it important now, especially when the finals are taking place in the KSA on a show that I would imagine most people will not watch
You already had Drew and Gunther, two big time players, saying they would be part of the tournament.

Gunther had a very serious promo about the tournament and what it will mean after he wins. They are clearly trying to make it matter. It won't be a clown like Xavier Woods or Baron Corbin winning it this time.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
You already had Drew and Gunther, two big time players, saying they would be part of the tournament.

Gunther had a very serious promo about the tournament and what it will mean after he wins. They are clearly trying to make it matter. It won't be a clown like Xavier Woods or Baron Corbin winning it this time.

I can see some bullshittery causing those guys to get knocked out of the tournament, like back in the day when Hogan and Andre had the double DQ in the WM IV tournament, and neither of them make the finals

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I agree and that's why I think WWE squandered an opportunity to make it actually mean something.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I agree and that's why I think WWE squandered an opportunity to make it actually mean something.

Have they ever done anything that was important on one of the Saudi shows? I have only watched bits and pieces of them here or there, and they seemed like they existed in a Bizarro world, where non-canon things took place

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I can see some bullshittery causing those guys to get knocked out of the tournament, like back in the day when Hogan and Andre had the double DQ in the WM IV tournament, and neither of them make the finals
Sure, you can easily see that with Drew, especially considering the story they are telling with him and Punk.

I think Gunther will win in dominant fashion and then go after Cody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad