Rau/Matheson interviews - here are the answers!

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
This is a question for any one of the guys...

What were your feelings after being drafted by the Panthers? Were they positive or negative, and have they changed in the years since?

I ask because I know Bjugstad mentioned he wasn't very excited that Florida picked him at first, but his opinion changed after he was in the organization. I'm curious if other guys still view/have viewed Florida as a bad organization.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Would anyone be interested in Rob Schremp?

I would find it interesting to see how he felt the difference in European leagues and countries where in comparison to each other (so KHL compared to SHL etc).

Would also like to know which European country was his favourite to live in.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
UPDATE: Now's the time to submit your questions! If you have any questions for Rau or Matheson, now's the time to post them!

More players to come soon!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Thought more people would be interested in sending in questions...guess not, ha.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Ask Rau if he thinks a rivalry will exist between him and Grimaldi.
These two had a big rivalry in college and I don't think there was any love lost. Things change as you grow up, so who knows how they feel about each other today. Rocco is the extrovert and Rau the introvert. The ying and yang, but only one will have a realistic future with the Cats.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
For Rau; You and Bjugstad worked well together in college, now that you have played at the pro level in the AHL do you feel that your knowledge of each others game will translate to the NHL?

Feel free to reword!!

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Questions for both Matheson and Rau

------------------------------------------
- Was there any point in your life during college that you decided "Hockey just doesn't feel right" and made you think of pursuing your collegiate degrees?

- If so, what degrees / respective fields were you interested in pursuing?

- Usually fans think of sports players as extremely confident people but have you ever doubted yourself?

- What is your funniest locker room experience?

- The jump from college hockey to AHL - was it a huge, noticeable difference as everyone says? What was the first thing you noticed after or during your first AHL game that made you step back and say "damn.. I need to adjust"

- Do you guys play any musical instruments?

- What type of music do you guys dig? Any bands/groups?

- Lastly, in terms of music what is your guilty pleasure track?

- After every game do you self examine yourself and try to improve on it during team practices? Do you feel the coaches in general echo those points or do they give players space for you to figure out your game and only give attention to the major gaps in your play?

- During / after hockey season do you guys follow a certain regimen that helps you stay in shape for next season or is it somewhat calculated/molded by what the coaching staff and your self examination as a player? As in, if the coaching staff needed you to bulk up or if you felt that you needed to work on your wrist shots you implement that favorably into your off season routine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I did not submit these questions earlier.. just sort of a shy guy.

Pick and choose or use all of em, but I am genuinely interested the answers for all of them.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Gonna be submitting questions later today. Will be posting an article on catsontheprowl.com when the answers come in.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Finally got the answers. Interviewed both of them today at practice. Will have the articles up soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad