Rate the music the previous member is listening to, Part VII

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
9/10 only downgrade is that the monsters don't look like the actual musicians. A Monster Araya or Monster King would have been better imho.

She might be admirable in many ways outside of her music, but... 4/10.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
How is different from anything APC has done before?
Well for starters having 11 different band members must make it tough. But particularly I was speaking of Maynard. I still live in the days of tripping out to Tool.

APC has been on and off for years and again with 11 members its tough to keep what identity they might have had.
This wasn't bad though

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think that's the whole point of APC, it's a band that allow MJK to do something different from Tool and Puscifer where he has more control over the creative process. It also allows him to play with different musicians he likes.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I think that's the whole point of APC, it's a band that allow MJK to do something different from Tool and Puscifer where he has more control over the creative process. It also allows him to play with different musicians he likes.
That's a fair point. But for me anyways, I've always identified APC as Tool 2.0 I guess. It's tough to say "oh this is my favorite band of all time", but Tool just might be that for me. And when an artist changes it usually sucks.

As far as APC go's, Judith was good too. Could semi trip to some of it at least. The song you posted I found boring and uninspiring in many ways other then the marching drums for all of 10 seconds

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
That's a fair point. But for me anyways, I've always identified APC as Tool 2.0 I guess. It's tough to say "oh this is my favorite band of all time", but Tool just might be that for me. And when an artist changes it usually sucks.

As far as APC go's, Judith was good too. Could semi trip to some of it at least. The song you posted I found boring and uninspiring in many ways other then the marching drums for all of 10 seconds
Same with me and Tool I listen to them on a daily basis but I love them.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
5/10 not something I'd usually listen to, but pretty decent for what it is.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Cool f***in song 6.5/10

Had a very familiar keyboard "riff", but that bass line was bad ass. Reminded me a teensy bit of Scissor Sisters.

---------------

I just can't get enough of these guys.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Not bad, 6/10 though not my favorite genre.

How bout this.

Dat solo at 3:04...

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That was.... more than just a bit pointless. I could really like something similar, just not this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad