Rate the First Round Playoff Matches...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
..so far we have seen some great hockey and some excellent battles brewing..

if you could rate them so far as to which match-ups are meeting/exceeding your expectations to which ones aren't, please rank them below...interested to see what series going right now is getting the majority of attention...

Jets/Wild
Avalanche/Predators
Knights/Kings
Sharks/Ducks

Penguins/Flyers
Bruins/Leafs
Blue Jackets/Capitals
Devils/Lightning

so far for me...

1. Jets/Wild - monster hits, great goals, this thing is heating up
2. Bruins/Leafs - same as above!
3. Knights/Kings - love watching this Cinderella story unfold
4. Penguins/Flyers
5. Avalanche/Preds
6. Devils/Lightning
7. Blue Jackets/Caps
8. Sharks/Ducks - never thought this would be my least favorite, but it has been for me...just not really into it and series looks about over.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
1. Knights/Kings - close games, intense back and forth action
2. Sharks/Ducks - watching the unraveling of the Ducks' "leaders" as they get blown out is hilarious
T3. Everything else - I've been too busy to watch any of the other games so far

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Jets/Wild
Vegas/LA
Avs/Preds
Devils/Lightning
Bruins/Leafs
Caps/Jackets
Flyers/Penguins
Sharks/Ducks

Bottom 2 series just hasn't been good hockey. Lots of blowouts and boring games really. Although watching the Ducks lose is quite fun if nothing else in that series.

Jets and Wild have been a great series so far. And Vegas/LA despite being 3-0 has been close tight hockey all series with all 3 games being one goal games. Avs/Preds has been some of the chippiest hockey with scrums after every whistle, but also lots of goal scoring and a solid amount of back and forther play.

For me those 3 series' are clearly above the rest. And the bottom 2 are clearly below the others.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas/LA: two teams playing to a tight and structured defensive style with a ton of hitting and a lot of energy.
Jets/Wild: Just solid and exciting hockey
Avs/Preds: Way closerr than I expected. Avs giving the Preds hell. Hope it goes to a battered and bruising game 7
Devils/Lightning: Devils making it very interesting, Lightning look way more stoppable than I expected.
Pens/Flyers: Solid rivalry series
Bruins/Leafs: Was kind of expecting this to be a bit more fun
Caps/Jackets: Unsurprising results thus far are unsurprising.
Ducks/Sharks: Carlyle and the leadership's utter incompetence thus far is about to give San Jose the easiest series win in recent memory. Nothing compelling about this.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
L.A vs Vegas
Caps vs Jackets
Avs vs Preds
T.B vs N.J
Philly vs Pitts
Leafs vs Bruins
Wild vs Jets
Ducks vs Sharks.

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
Jets/Wild
Vegas/Lightning
Avs/Preds
Devils/LA
Bruins/Leafs
Caps/Jackets
Flyers/Penguins
Sharks/Ducks

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/imgur.png

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Jets/Wild
Vegas/Lightning
Avs/Preds
Devils/LA
Bruins/Leafs
Caps/Jackets
Flyers/Penguins
Sharks/Ducks

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/imgur.png
havent tuned into this one yet

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
..so far we have seen some great hockey and some excellent battles brewing..

if you could rate them so far as to which match-ups are meeting/exceeding your expectations to which ones aren't, please rank them below...interested to see what series going right now is getting the majority of attention...

Jets/Wild
Avalanche/Predators
Knights/Kings
Sharks/Ducks

Penguins/Flyers
Bruins/Leafs
Blue Jackets/Capitals
Devils/Lightning

so far for me...

1. Jets/Wild - monster hits, great goals, this thing is heating up
2. Bruins/Leafs - same as above!
3. Knights/Kings - love watching this Cinderella story unfold
4. Penguins/Flyers
5. Avalanche/Preds
6. Devils/Lightning
7. Blue Jackets/Caps
8. Sharks/Ducks - never thought this would be my least favorite, but it has been for me...just not really into it and series looks about over.

Not to be rude, but what does a cinderella story have to do with the quality of the series itself? How is it more exciting than Blue Jackets/Caps, for example?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not to be rude, but what does a cinderella story have to do with the quality of the series itself? How is it more exciting than Blue Jackets/Caps, for example?
its not exciting to see a team like Vegas not only play great hockey, but beat a team like the Kings?? I am a sucker for underdogs winning, it always makes the story more compelling and more enjoyable to watch. It has also been great hockey as well...

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
its not exciting to see a team like Vegas not only play great hockey, but beat a team like the Kings?? I am a sucker for underdogs winning, it always makes the story more compelling and more enjoyable to watch. It has also been great hockey as well...

It's a great story but the excitement in the Caps & Jackets series has been unreal.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's a great story but the excitement in the Caps & Jackets series has been unreal.
I don't know why I have't gotten really into that one yet...I am pulling for the Jackets, but for whatever the reason anytime I have seen the game on it wasn't really exciting. Now that Vegas series is done, and hopefully the Jets finish off the Wild, I will put more attention to this series.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
1. Vegas/Los Angeles
2. Washington/Columbus
3. Nashville/Colorado
4. Winnipeg/Minnesota
5. Pittsburgh/Philadelphia
6. Boston/Toronto
7. San Jose/Anaheim
8. Tampa Bay/New Jersey

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't think many of us expected some of these series to be as far apart as they have...I expected a war between the Ducks and Sharks - it has been anything but...same with Kings and Knights...hopefully Toronto fights back and makes that a series...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I will get a kick out of the Avs series against the president’s trophy winners being the only first round series to go to 7 games

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Jets/Wild
Bruins/Leafs
Blue Jackets/Capitals
Penguins/Flyers

Avalanche/Predators

Devils/Lightning - only watched one game

Knights/Kings Have not watched either of the late game series.
Sharks/Ducks

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018

Because the blue jackets and caps are just 2nd round fodder for the pens. Everyone knows that.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
Kings/Knights
Caps/Jackets
Bruins/Leafs
Pens/Flyers
Jets/Wild
Sharks/Ducks
Avalanche/Preds
Lightning/Devils

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Caps/Jackets
Bruins/Leafs
Vegas/LAK
Jets/Wild
Aves/Preds
Pens/Flyers
Sharks/Ducks

Havn't watched any NJ/TB so I won't rate it. Two fast teams I don't know why I've chosen to watch the other games instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad