Rate my team 2022-23 Season!

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
10 team league with standard Yahoo scoring. What do you think?

Chicago Bears*
1.(7)Ja'Marr Chase (Cin - WR)
2.(14)Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
3.(27)Mark Andrews (Bal - TE)
4.(34)Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)
5.(47)Travis Etienne Jr. (Jax - RB)
6.(54)JuJu Smith-Schuster (KC - WR)
7.(67)Tom Brady (TB - QB)
8.(74)Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)
9.(87)Damien Harris (NE - RB)
10.(94)Cole Kmet (Chi - TE)
11.(107)Dak Prescott (Dal - QB)
12.(114)Matt Gay (LAR - K)
13.(127)Greg Joseph (Min - K)
14.(134)Los Angeles (LAC - DEF)
15.(147)Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
ff.png

So.. first time ever playing. Felt actually nice to be involved in a family league (lol). How did I do? Picking a TE was tough since they don't seem to accumulate much points.

First pick was McCaffrey, was ranked #2. Basically did it like the NHL - BPA. (Snake Draft)

My question is what to do with Jalen Hurts.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
View attachment 582396

So.. first time ever playing. Felt actually nice to be involved in a family league (lol). How did I do? Picking a TE was tough since they don't seem to accumulate much points.

First pick was McCaffrey, was ranked #2. Basically did it like the NHL - BPA. (Snake Draft)

I like that team a lot. I don't care for James Conner as your 2RB, but he was very effective last year so if he does it again he should be great.

Really love your I'd try to play match-ups with your quarterbacks. it sucks benching either of those guys, but Hurts' rushing upside is insane.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I like that team a lot. I don't care for James Conner as your 2RB, but he was very effective last year so if he does it again he should be great.

Really love your I'd try to play match-ups with your quarterbacks. it sucks benching either of those guys, but Hurts' rushing upside is insane.

Yeah, I really didn’t know who else to go after. He was the highest RB at the time through the estimated point rankings.

Now, I have a question on Jalen Hurts. We had a 60 second draft clock, and he was one of the ‘highest’ BPAs available near the last round. Do I hang on to him as a trade chip?

I used to be big into the NFL, but life and hockey was put in a bigger priority so I fell out of it for a while. Here’s my next dilemma, I’m a Cowboys fan, but they play against Brady on week one!! Can both teams win?! :laugh::laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah, I really didn’t know who else to go after. He was the highest RB at the time through the estimated point rankings.

Now, I have a question on Jalen Hurts. We had a 60 second draft clock, and he was one of the ‘highest’ BPAs available near the last round. Do I hang on to him as a trade chip?

I used to be big into the NFL, but life and hockey was put in a bigger priority so I fell out of it for a while. Here’s my next dilemma, I’m a Cowboys fan, but they play against Brady on week one!! Can both teams win?! :laugh::laugh:
I'd recommend holding Hurts for sure. If there's a big-name QB injury on another team you might be able to capitalize, lol.

As to your last dilemma, I have washed myself of all NFL fandom, I only care about the guys on my fanttasy teams now. Hopefully for your sake Brady can get a lot of points but your Cowboys still win

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

How many teams are in the league?

I would absolutely hang on to Jalen Hurts. As from your wording it sounds like you may want to drop him. I would drop Tua and even possibly Brady before Hurts if i could only keep one. He is in a prime position to have a monster year through the air and on the ground.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
How many teams are in the league?

I would absolutely hang on to Jalen Hurts. I would drop Tua and even possibly Brady before Hurts if i could only keep one. He is in prime position to have a monster year through the air and on the ground.

12 - just a family league. I'm really intrigued for fantasy now that I want to look into a hockey one if possible in the future.

I wish I could have taken pictures on who took what, or a 'draft review', but I took a flyer on Tua since the 'scouting report' said he was primed to have a great year based with the new additions Miami had. I didn't realize that both Tua and Brady both have byes on 11. Guess taking Hurts wasn't a bad idea after all.

Took a flyer on Wilson since he seemed to be a sneaky riser and good potential. Hopefully it works out well.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
View attachment 582396

Definitely keep Hurts, assuming this is a standard scoring system. I'd consider dropping Tua if there's any decent RB on the waiver wires for when McCaffrey eventually misses games.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
2nd pick, 12 team redraft, 1PPR

QB: L. Jackson
RB: Ekler
RB: D. Montgomery
WR: M. Evans
WR: Hollywood Brown
TE: Andrews
Flex: A. Gibson
K: Prater
Def: Rams

Bench:

D. London
Aiyuk
Pickens
D. Duvernay

D. Henderson
M. Davis

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
10 team .5 ppr superflex

QB Josh Allen
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Nick Chubb
WR Davante Adams
WR Courtland Sutton
TE Pat Freiermuth
SFLX Jalen Hurts
DST Steelers
K Tyler Bass

Bench
Antonio Gibson
Brian Robinson
James Cook
Trevor Lawrence
Allan Robinson
Chris Godwin
Gabe Davis

I feel like RB and WR could be a bit of a juggling act as I don't have any certain studs bar Adams, but getting Allen and Hurts makes me feel pretty happy and also like I'm not sure everyone realised it was superflex.
Allen and Hurts in superflex might be the best QB combo you could have made. GG rest of your league.

Barkley has the ability to be a top 5 RB if all goes right (I have my doubts) and Gibson will start the season as the #1 with a fairly easy schedule.

Having Davis and Godwin on the bench is also very nice, since I consider both Adams and Sutton both as #1 WRs and Robinson should have a good season for the Rams.

Really liking your team!

Last edited:

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
2nd pick, 12 team redraft, 1PPR

QB: L. Jackson
RB: Ekeler
RB: D. Montgomery
WR: M. Evans
WR: Hollywood Brown
TE: Andrews
Flex: A. Gibson
K: Prater
Def: Rams

Bench:

D. London
Aiyuk
Pickens
D. Duvernay

D. Henderson
M. Davis
Ekeler at #2 is a risky bet but man, I could easily see the Chargers as being the best team in the NFL this year (along with the Bills) so that could be a very savvy selection.

Imo I'd try to package Gibson + M. Brown after the first 2-4 weeks for an upgrade at RB.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Ekeler at #2 is a risky bet but man, I could easily see the Chargers as being the best team in the NFL this year (along with the Bills) so that could be a very savvy selection.

Imo I'd try to package Gibson + M. Brown after the first 2-4 weeks for an upgrade at RB.
My thought with ekler was I wanted to get Herbert to really maximize the full PPR, but Herbert went one pick before me so I took Lamar which pairs nice with Andrews. But yeah I’m hoping Gibson at least comes out firing while Robinson is out.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Standard scoring 12 team draft. Picked 2nd overall

Qb - Allen
Rb - McCaffrey
RB j. Williams
WR G.Davis
WR st. Brown
WR Bateman
TE Schultz

BN Hopkins
BN C.Olave
BN K.Osborne
BN R.white
BN C. Wentz
IR B Robinson jr
BN - waiver wire pick up

K Gay
D Rams

Overall ok. I really didn’t want to pick mcaff as my first pick as he is such an injury plagued player but I had too. My WR core is weak but will be more rounded when Hopkins returns

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
View attachment 582396

I would drop Tua and either trade Brady for an upgrade at WR/RB if you want or hang onto him in case of injury/bye week.

I'd also roll with Waller as your TE and drop Njoku depending who is on your waiver wire and how many teams in the league.

Overall, insanely good team imo.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I would drop Tua and either trade Brady for an upgrade at WR/RB if you want or hang onto him in case of injury/bye week.

I'd also roll with Waller as your TE and drop Njoku depending who is on your waiver wire and how many teams in the league.

Overall, insanely good team imo.

Hey, thanks for the advice! (and to the others that replied)

I originally wanted Rodgers and/or Josh Allan, but the two teams grabbed them before I could. I'm really tempted to start Hurts

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Hey, thanks for the advice! (and to the others that replied)

I originally wanted Rodgers and/or Josh Allan, but the two teams grabbed them before I could. I'm really tempted to start Hurts
He's your QB that offers the most upside with his rushing abilities and improved offensive weapons, although I am an Eagles fan so I will admit a bit of bias but most fantasy experts agree. I drafted only Hurts in both my leagues.

Brady is a nice luxury to have but usually when I snag at top 5 QB or top 5 TE I don't draft a reserve, I just roll with the high end guys and fish off the waiver wire if needed.

But also for week 1 I think DET is a juice match up for Hurts.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I have a super flex league (not mentioned here cuz I had a terrible draft) that is a keeper league, but the keeper can only be someone you drafted in the 7th round or later AND kept all year the year before.

Last year I had 1 OA, so I picked last in the 6th round and first in the 7th. Guess who picked Hurst with the 6th rounder and AB in the 7th not thinking? Tried to ask the commish since it was back to back picks if I’d be allowed to let it slide.

They said no, which I understand, but I’m kicking myself.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
16 teams standard scoring 8th pick. Start 1RB, 1WR/TE, 2 Flex and obviously QB, K, DST.

QB: Prescott
RB: Barkley, Mitchell, Dobbins
WR/TE: Jefferson, Higgins, Bateman, Lockett, Gallup, Hockenson
K: Koo
DST: Rams

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who gave me good beginners advice on my QB situation (@KnuckChuckinTkachuk , @Rodgerwilco , etc..) Hurts went off while Brady and Tua played okay. Think i'll roll with the hot hand next week. Surprised Gibson played well, wile McCaffrey seemed to play okay(?). Still figuring out the ins/outs of fantasy.

In other QB news in my league, Josh Allen is on the market :amazed:

16 teams standard scoring 8th pick. Start 1RB, 1WR/TE, 2 Flex and obviously QB, K, DST.

QB: Prescott
RB: Barkley, Mitchell, Dobbins
WR/TE: Jefferson, Higgins, Bateman, Lockett, Gallup, Hockenson
K: Koo
DST: Rams

Yikes, sorry about Prescott. I have a spare Brady and Tua if you were in my league lol

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who gave me good beginners advice on my QB situation (@KnuckChuckinTkachuk , @Rodgerwilco , etc..) Hurts went off while Brady and Tua played okay. Think i'll roll with the hot hand next week. Surprised Gibson played well, wile McCaffrey seemed to play okay(?). Still figuring out the ins/outs of fantasy.

Yikes, sorry about Prescott. I have a spare Brady and Tua if you were in my league lol
Sure thing, buddy! I think Hurts is going to be a potential league-winner this year. His running upside is wild and I think AJ Brown is going to have a career year with him.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

No problemo, anytime! Fantasy football is a lot to take in when you're new but it get easier year after year.

Always do your research (some basic pages below to get started).

https://www.youtube.com/c/fantasypros

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
12 team

QB Joe Burrow
WR Justin Jefferson
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown
RB Nick Chubb
RB AJ Dillon
TE Kyle Pitts
flex Darrell Henderson

Bench
Davanta Smith (had him in flex last week 😔)
DeAndre Hopkins
Trey Lance
George Pickens
Mike Gesicki

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Very solid. Not crazy about Palmer as your WR3, but I guess that's part of 12-team leagues. the rest of the roster is really good. Agreed about Pierce, but it seems people are wising up and takin ghim earlier now.

Interesting with Keenan Allen out for the Thursday game with a hamstring that Palmer hasn’t gotten a notable waiver wire bump on the ESPN leagues, only a +0.6% rostered to 36.3% bump. Everything points to Palmer being the #2 WR this week—possibly longer—for one of the best fantasy QBs in Herbert with a projected shootout matchup against KC.

Hamstrings are also one of those injuries with a large variance on how many games the player misses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad