18-Mike Green
19-T.J. Brodie

4-Jonathan Quick
7-Carey Price
17-Alex Stalock

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
I got scared because I wondered what you had to do to hoard so many high draft picks, then I saw it way a 6 team draft. What position did you draft in? And strong team. I think you'll do well for point only.

Leafsmonster7

Sep 5, 2014
How Toews went in 5th round and Carey Price in 7th round is beyond me. You must be in a pool with people who don't know anything about hockey...

Overall your team is pretty solid. Think you were a bit quick to jump the gun on some of your late round selections. Probably could have picked up Nichushkin and Vatanen in later rounds as there were probably better guys available.

Also, consider yourself lucky that Tavares fell to you in the second round. In a points-only pool Tavares is behind only Crosby, Stamkos and Ovechkin, IMO. So be warned: Never, ever draft Getzlaf ahead of him again!

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
How Toews went in 5th round and Carey Price in 7th round is beyond me. You must be in a pool with people who don't know anything about hockey...

Overall your team is pretty solid. Think you were a bit quick to jump the gun on some of your late round selections. Probably could have picked up Nichushkin and Vatanen in later rounds as there were probably better guys available.

Also, consider yourself lucky that Tavares fell to you in the second round. In a points-only pool Tavares is behind only Crosby, Stamkos and Ovechkin, IMO. So be warned: Never, ever draft Getzlaf ahead of him again!

What they said.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
...Think you were a bit quick to jump the gun on some of your late round selections. Probably could have picked up Nichushkin and Vatanen in later rounds as there were probably better guys available...

I agree. I pretty much went with BPA in the first rounds and went with some gut feelings later on that might cost me in the end. My D is pretty young which isn't the greatest thing...

A goalie frenzy went on in the rounds 6-7, got lucky and grabbed Price

These are the first 8 rounds.

Thanks for the input guys

fYWMAxo.png

Edit: 48 is Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Last edited:

Leafsmonster7

Sep 5, 2014
How did the Sedins get chosen before Toews, Kopitar, Backstrom, and Phil Kessel? Lol the guys who took the Sedins before all those guys are whack

Leafsmonster7

Sep 5, 2014
Judging by the first 8 rounds, your biggest threats are Light blue (Team Crosby) and green (Team Malkin). Along with your team, I thought their round selections were spot on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad