Rate Boudreau's job so far as coach?

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
By far the biggest change that's been noticeable is his confidence in the younger players/role players. You see guys like Maroon and Palmieri come up from the AHL and play with confidence because they're not being benched after the first period. Not to mention that guys like Bonino and Beleskey are playing better than ever.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
What I really like about Boudreau (comparing to Carlyle) that he is, usually, not overplaying RPG as Carlyle was.

I do not get the logic "lets overplay the best players, get to the playoffs and then have our best players without any energy as we have overplayed them the whole season", he probably would say that the rest of the players were so bad that he needed to :) .

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
What I really like about Boudreau (comparing to Carlyle) that he is, usually, not overplaying RPG as Carlyle was.

Maybe not Bobby, but Getz and Perry are somewhere north of 20 minutes per game, which is about the same as under Carlyle.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

I do not get the logic "lets overplay the best players, get to the playoffs and then have our best players without any energy as we have overplayed them the whole season", he probably would say that the rest of the players were so bad that he needed to :) .

i dont really agree with this. BB has always stated that we want 4 full lines rolling. and yet every 3rd period we have to see 3 lines only. Our top players aren't going to survive this in the shortened season.

our top players would be well served getting less time, and letting players like Holland and palmieri if they are on the 4th line get at least 9 minutes a game.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
Seems that it only seems that they are not playing so much as under Carlyle (as you all write that it is the same, except Ryan), but I really got the feeling they are playing less minutes and are not double shifted etc., as before.

If Boudreau is making the same mistake, I think it will bring nothing as even if Anaheim gets over the 1st playoffs round in the second we will be crushed with overplayed top forwards (not to mention e.g. Selanne is worse in even strength than last season, so his production will probably be missed).

What do you think? Of course, there is no use of underplaying the best forwards and then missing the playoffs either...

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005

This is a good thought in theory, but as gomooseduck points out, Getz and Perry actually play about the same as under Carlyle. In fact, it might even be argued that they play even harder minutes now if PK time is up (on phone, can't check stats easily).

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
This is a good thought in theory, but as gomooseduck points out, Getz and Perry actually play about the same as under Carlyle. In fact, it might even be argued that they play even harder minutes now if PK time is up (on phone, can't check stats easily).

Thanks, I adore the way the sports in the USA and Canada have stats for almost everything (sans "Toews" intangibles), but I have to learn where to look for them and read/analyse everything correctly.

kicken

Mar 9, 2011
Stockholm
8. He's been phenomenal at times, but there's s till work to do as it isn't perfect. Even though I don't like Bob Murray, I also have to give the guy some credit. He's signed some good and very underrated players recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad