Proposal: Rasmus Ristolainen to LA

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Doughty is locked at 1 at 25 mins a night.
Roy is second pairing right shot at 20 mins a night and getting more as he evolves.

that means we need a right shot Dman for 14 to 15 mins a night. Risto is not that. He is a true second pairing 20 plus minute a night guy.

If you want size Strand on the 3rd pairing at 15 mins a night looked good.

it’s not worth trading a 1st for a guy we already have a place for. Find a left shot Risto and then we talk.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
the offers seem reasonable, but LA doesnt need another D that they will have to protect. After the expansion draft, sure. But for now, we're more sellers than buyers this season. Next year is when I see Blake starting to make moves to acquire various missing pieces we may have in order to really compete. We're not a playoff team this year.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Roy is second pairing right shot at 20 mins a night and getting more as he evolves.

that means we need a right shot Dman for 14 to 15 mins a night. Risto is not that. He is a true second pairing 20 plus minute a night guy.

it’s not worth trading a 1st for a guy we already have a place for. Find a left shot Risto and then we talk.

Doughty can’t continue to play 25-30 minutes per game much beyond this year. Not saying Risto is the answer but playing time needs to be more balanced. Especially if he kings are eager to B a playoff team again. Having an exhausted Doughty heading into the playoffs isn’t the right answer either.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Out of all the prospects he is the forgotten man but has played well in the AHL.

Could be a guy they might part with. LA has plenty of center depth.

I disagree, not a Kings fan but, he is one of your best prospects, better what Turcotte, ahead in development,
at this point, sure everyone knows which has the higher ceiling, but Alex needs to get there first

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

I’d argue you can move Roy down. He’s a solid defender but doesn’t have the offense of Risto.

It would be a boon to have three solid pairings.

Reactions: KingTech

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I disagree, not a Kings fan but, he is one of your best prospects, better what Turcotte, ahead in development,
at this point, sure everyone knows which has the higher ceiling, but Alex needs to get there first
Kopitar, Vilardi, JAD, Turcotte, Byfield, Thomas, Madden.

Kupari is good but you trade from strength to upgrade weakness.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Or just try and sign Jamie Oleksiak who’s better and don’t give up anything
“Try.”

This comes across as some sort of foregone conclusion that signing Oleksiak would be easy. Buffalo has NEVER been a top free agent destination. Ever. And I don’t see this dumpster fire of a season making it any more appealing. And there’s a chance they get worse before better.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I think Risto would do good on LA playing 2nd pair and achoring 2nd PP for LA

He does well with less ice time, is a physical presence and is actually pretty good handling the puck. He is also strong QB'ing the PP and makes a solid net front presence on the PP due to his size, your not pushing him out.

Buffalo I hope would get a first and a nhl ready prospect for him

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Not sure about that first in a supposed deep draft. Could see them making that deal after expansion prior to the 21 draft tho.

What are Buffalo’s needs prospects wise?

Forwards. We've got a lot of solid D prospects (Borgen, Bryson, Laaksonen, Johnson, Samuelsson), but we're thinner up front, especially centers.

Reactions: LAKings88

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Doughty can’t continue to play 25-30 minutes per game much beyond this year. Not saying Risto is the answer but playing time needs to be more balanced. Especially if he kings are eager to B a playoff team again. Having an exhausted Doughty heading into the playoffs isn’t the right answer either.

As Doughty’s minutes are reduced Roy’s increase. That’s the trajectory so far. Doughty is not dropping to 20 mins a game in the foreseeable future. Hell Roy is signed for the next 3 years and I don’t see Doughty’s playing time dropping much over that time span. Even if Doughty drops to 24 minutes a game, Wall plays at 21 to 22 minutes a game that still leaves only 15 minutes for third right shot Defenseman. There is no way to crowd Doughty, Roy and Risto on the same team

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
“Try.”

This comes across as some sort of foregone conclusion that signing Oleksiak would be easy. Buffalo has NEVER been a top free agent destination. Ever. And I don’t see this dumpster fire of a season making it any more appealing. And there’s a chance they get worse before better.

I meant for LA to sign him

Reactions: FeatherHead

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
The Kings trading for a soon to be UFA sounds about the dumbest idea to me. Imagine moving some of the pieces mentioned here to have him walk as a UFA if he don’t like LA. This is the idiotic way LA use to run thing. Not to mention a RD is not a need in LA and anyone who thinks Risto would play more minutes than Roy is underselling Roy in a big way.

Reactions: funky

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The Kings trading for a soon to be UFA sounds about the dumbest idea to me. Imagine moving some of the pieces mentioned here to have him walk as a UFA if he don’t like LA. This is the idiotic way LA use to run thing. Not to mention a RD is not a need in LA and anyone who thinks Risto would play more minutes than Roy is underselling Roy in a big way.

Sign him.
It can take years to develop players on the blueline - especially if you actually want them to be competent defensively. How long do you want to wait?
It ain't like the Kings have a ton of promising blueliners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad