Value of: Rasmus Ristolainen to Florida

Luihu

Foolin' Around
Jul 20, 2010
Tampere, FIN
Ristolainen has contract til 2022 with the Sabres and I highly doubt there's even a slight chance that he wants to stay in Buffalo. Florida has an urgent need for a D since Ekblad's injured and rumours tell that they are looking for a guy that has a longer deal than just for this season.

Also, if Buffalo wants some value out of Risto, they should trade him before next season. What I've seen from him this season he's been really good especially considering the team he's played with.

I am not sure what Risto's return could be? And, what would Buffalo want from Florida? Obviously, some cap need to be sent back, but other than that?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Risto (30 % retained) - eakin

Yandle (30% retained) - lundell

Last edited:

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Ristolainen has contract til 2022 with the Sabres and I highly doubt there's even a slight chance that he wants to stay in Buffalo. Florida has an urgent need for a D since Ekblad's injured and rumours tell that they are looking for a guy that has a longer deal than just for this season.

Also, if Buffalo wants some value out of Risto, they should trade him before next season. What I've seen from him this season he's been really good especially considering the team he's played with.

I am not sure what Risto's return could be? And, what would Buffalo want from Florida? Obviously, some cap need to be sent back, but other than that?
I would try for an extended Driedger.

Reactions: WYFR and Patagonia

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Ok buttercup, while I can understand a little with Crosby due to age, he would still suddenly make Florida a legit contender for the Cup. And as for McDavid, ya ok...nobody would trade Lundell straight up for McDavid...come now.
Lundell and Barkov doesn't get you McDavid.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I was literally about to say he has an NMC.

Even if he didn’t, there’s no way he’d report to Buffalo. No offense to the fans.

Shouldn't be an offense when you're one of the worst teams in the league. Been there done that.

There's been rumors he won't waive anywhere. Who knows. Anyway they'll move on from him in the summer the earliest.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lundell and Barkov doesn't get you McDavid.
That would be closer to reality but no it still likely would not.

It would be an interesting idea though, sure the Oilers lose arguably the best player in the league right now and probably for years to come but they get a guy who is not exactly a shabby point producer in Barkov who is also always in Selke consideration. Add to that a highly touted prospect and one wonders if the Oilers would be a better team after such a trade.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Risto for 2022 1st + 2021 3rd.
Our GM doesn't want to trade Ristolainen but this gives us cap space + one more protection slot.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Shouldn't be an offense when you're one of the worst teams in the league. Been there done that.

There's been rumors he won't waive anywhere. Who knows. Anyway they'll move on from him in the summer the earliest.
Obviously I don’t know Yands personally, but I’ve listened a bunch of times when he’s hopped on Spittin Chiclets and he seems to love it in Florida. I don’t see him wanting to go anywhere.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Risto for 2022 1st + 2021 3rd.
Our GM doesn't want to trade Ristolainen but this gives us cap space + one more protection slot.
That's about the only deal I could think of that makes any sense for both parties. Lundell or Knight is a pipedream, there's a huge drop off in the prospect pool after those 2. Florida is one of the best teams in the league this year so I'd have little interest in a 2021 1st rounder in a poor draft.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
That's about the only deal I could think of that makes any sense for both parties. Lundell or Knight is a pipedream, there's a huge drop off in the prospect pool after those 2. Florida is one of the best teams in the league this year so I'd have little interest in a 2021 1st rounder in a poor draft.

Denisenko? Tippett is still raw as well, there is some solid young players in our system.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Denisenko? Tippett is still raw as well, there is some solid young players in our system.
I like both guys, but Buffalo's organizational strength right now is on the wings. Tippett could be a good player, but seems a bit redundant with a guy like Olofsson already on the big club and another goal scoring winger in Quinn coming up. As for Denisenko I like the player on tape. He certainly has the skill to be a top 6 guy. Buffalo for whatever reason just seems to avoid Russians so I don't know that they'd actively target him in a deal for Risto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad