Prospect Info: Rasmus Asplund (2016, 33rd) –- Loaned to Vasteras (HockeyAllsvenskan)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
This is from Corey Pronman's best available after round 1:

6. Rasmus Asplund, C, Farjestad (SHL)

Nationality: Sweden | Overall rank: 23

Although Asplund didn't translate his strong international play to great success in the SHL this season, he's still a pretty desirable prospect. There are split opinions on him within the industry, with some scouts seeing an NHL tweener and others seeing a player with a very good chance to become a top-six center. Asplund's best trait is his hockey sense. He's a creative, aware, two-way forward who creates with his hands and vision, on top of being positionally sound. His 5-foot-11 frame works against him, and his strength needs to go a long way before he's NHL-ready, but he shows the capability to be a solid defensive center, despite his size.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Immediately takes over as our top C prospect. With Nylander and Asplund the top of a couple of those bare bones charts look a lot more flush. I think our top LW prospect before yesterday was Carrier and the top C was Estephan. Needed to add talent to those pools.

For as maligned as the LHD position is they at least had Guhle and Borgen in the pipeline. C and LW needed some attention

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Immediately takes over as our top C prospect. With Nylander and Asplund the top of a couple of those bare bones charts look a lot more flush. I think our top LW prospect before yesterday was Carrier and the top C was Estephan. Needed to add talent to those pools.

For as maligned as the LHD position is they at least had Guhle and Borgen in the pipeline. C and LW needed some attention

Pretty sure Borgen's a RHD. In terms of prospect depth alone, RHD is pretty darn bare. There's quite a few LHDs, but outside of Guhle (and I wouldn't even quite say he's a sure thing), nothing of note.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Pretty sure Borgen's a RHD. In terms of prospect depth alone, RHD is pretty darn bare. There's quite a few LHDs, but outside of Guhle (and I wouldn't even quite say he's a sure thing), nothing of note.

You're right, he's a righty

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
I think Asplund is going to play in Sweden for atleast one more year.
He is playing in one of the best leagues with lots of icetime and a big role on his team together with Minnesota draftee Joel Eriksson-Ek and I think this will benefit both Asplund and Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad