• Noah Hanifin

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Rasmus Andersson

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
Who is the better trade asset. Specifically curious within the context of a Buffalo Sabres trade.

For argument sake lets assume whoever trades for them can and will lock them up for a long term deal.

Andersson is a right handed shot, but doesn't have the draft pedigree and is a year older.

I don't know what fans who watch the Flames regularly think and what the advanced numbers say.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Andersson will get the better return via a trade, and it's not really even that close. The reason? He's on a stupidly good contract that runs for 2 more years after this. Him being right-handed only enhances the return, as legit top-4 RHDs with his type of contract just doesn't get moved.

If you're looking from a Sabres POV.....think of the package that you'd give for Hanifin, then add one more premium piece.

Over on the trade board, Savoie/Joker/2nd for a reasonably-extended Hanifin seemed good for both sides.

So for Anderson, maybe it'd be like Kulick/RJohnson/1st. Something that would hurt.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Who is the better trade asset. Specifically curious within the context of a Buffalo Sabres trade.

For argument sake lets assume whoever trades for them can and will lock them up for a long term deal.

Andersson is a right handed shot, but doesn't have the draft pedigree and is a year older.

I don't know what fans who watch the Flames regularly think and what the advanced numbers say.
Andersson without any thought and without even seeing the context of a Sabres trade.. Andersson is a RD with 2 more years at $4.5 M

context of Sabres it is definitely Andersson

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ya for the third time; Andersson is RHD with an obscenely good contract. His value is significantly higher than Hanifins.

/thread

I actually think Hanifin is more skilled but Andersson is more effective if that makes sense.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Andersson isn’t a year older, he’s only 3 months older. They’re the same draft year.

Andersson is also just the better player and has been for the past 3 years.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Andersson is the better trade asset because of contract situation and rarity of skillset.

But bigger picture, I'd say it's easier to find a similar style and calibre LHS LD of Hanifin's calibre than it is to find a similiar style and calbire RHS RD of Andersson's calibre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad