Value of: Rasmus Andersson, Markstrom @50% and Vancouver Canuck’s 1st round pick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I mean I would give him what we offered Hanifin in a heartbeat
Are you talking 7.5MX8? I don't know what the last ditch offer was the day before they traded him. That's right on the edge for me. I haven't seen him as a good top pairing defenseman since the accident last season in New York. I think both Weegar and Hanifin are a fair bit better than he's been since then. That's also going to be his 30 year old season for year 1. He skates well so it might be ok, but signing an 8 year deal at 30 years old is dodgy.

Ledge And Dairy

Are you talking 7.5MX8? I don't know what the last ditch offer was the day before they traded him. That's right on the edge for me. I haven't seen him as a good top pairing defenseman since the accident last season in New York. I think both Weegar and Hanifin are a fair bit better than he's been since then. That's also going to be his 30 year old season for year 1. He skates well so it might be ok, but signing an 8 year deal at 30 years old is dodgy.
I agree with signing a 30 y/o to a long term deal now but at some point we are going to have to start turning it around and unless we are replacing Andersson with like Ekblad that summer losing him is really going to set us back right when we are expecting to take the step towards contention.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I agree with signing a 30 y/o to a long term deal now but at some point we are going to have to start turning it around and unless we are replacing Andersson with like Ekblad that summer losing him is really going to set us back right when we are expecting to take the step towards contention.
Honestly I'd sooner overpay Andersson on the shorter deal than give him 8 years. If we're hoping to be a contender in the back half of that deal you really want to limit bad money at that end. Ideally you give him a bit more short term or make the deal really easy to buy out later on

Ledge And Dairy

Honestly I'd sooner overpay Andersson on the shorter deal than give him 8 years. If we're hoping to be a contender in the back half of that deal you really want to limit bad money at that end. Ideally you give him a bit more short term or make the deal really easy to buy out later on
He'll be 30 for his next contract, it's pretty unlikely he'd take a short term deal. I would be looking at something like 6 years again

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Andersson + Markstrom @50% for Devils 1st round pick+Mercer, would that work?

If we include Markstrom at 50%, we can get a sweetheart deal from a team like the Devils or the Flyers.
No.

Andersson for a top 10 pick, sure.

Mercer for Markstrom 50% is an absolute no.

NJD 1st for Andersson.

Take your pick of: Holtz, Casey+3rd, Marino+2nd, or 2025 1st+2nd for Markstrom at 50%.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
No.

Andersson for a top 10 pick, sure.

Mercer for Markstrom 50% is an absolute no.

NJD 1st for Andersson.

Take your pick of: Holtz, Casey+3rd, Marino+2nd, or 2025 1st+2nd for Markstrom at 50%.

I do Devils pick this year + Holtz + 2025 1st round pick + 2nd + Marino + 2nd pick for Anderrson and Markstrom @ 50%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad