Proposal: Rasmus Andersson for Necas

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
The general thought is it would be Necas++ for an upgrade of some sort (see the Tkachuk and EP rumors in the past few seasons). Basically if Brady Tkachuk were to come on the block from Ottawa we'd be offering Necas + some other nice pieces to get him, otherwise the plan is to hold onto him.
I get that's ideally the plan, but I don't think there will be anyone like that available this summer when Necas is up for the big raise. If he demands 7.5+ I think other teams would happily offer that and that would put you guys in a tough spot where you won't be able to hold out for that elite player upgrade and might have to look for a 1 for 1 like this

Reactions: Tryamw

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I do think the value is pretty fair here. I just don't see us needing another winger. Unless they think Necas can convert back to C it wouldn't be something I'd pursue. We have 2 top 6 defensemen signed for next season. Assuming Kylington gets done and Miramanov continues to grow that's 4. We have 9 top 9 wingers for 6 spots. Do we really need a 10th?

Reactions: Tryamw

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I do think the value is pretty fair here. I just don't see us needing another winger. Unless they think Necas can convert back to C it wouldn't be something I'd pursue. We have 2 top 6 defensemen signed for next season. Assuming Kylington gets done and Miramanov continues to grow that's 4. We have 9 top 9 wingers for 6 spots. Do we really need a 10th?
Agreed, it would ultimately come down to if we thought two of Zary/Necas/Sharangovich can play C. Not that that's ideal, but I just can't find anyone comparable to Necas that is a C and would fit better. And imo Necas is just so skilled he would help our PP and zone entries a ton to the point where he would be so valuable even if we eventually have to slide him to wing when we draft more C's.

Zary-Necas-Coronato or Hubes-Zary-Necas would be so sick imo

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
We traded a first for Skjei. Im missing how these two are related. Im we could easily go shopping for a righty, pay futures for, and then go find a better deal for necas. A cost controlled player at wing that will play now, which wing is irrelevant.
My point was that you described that you were essentially looking for another 'Skjei scenario'. Wanting to get a young D-man with talent and upside that needed a change of scenery and had term at a cap hit that was reasonable.

That's all well and good... but there has to be a player like that available. It's a bit of a unicorn situation that you can't really expect to be an option on any sort of frequent basis.

Whether it's D or Wing... I get it. Trying to get those players are the Canes m/o (Skjei, Tro, Dougie, etc.), but it takes two to tango.

I don't really see the point of trading Necas for a winger. Like that's what he is and he's very good at it. What team is going to give up a young cost controlled winger with lots of upside, for a young non cost controlled wing who is talented. Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Like I said, If we can find another Skjei situation and target them in a trade that would be great but I don't really see any on the horizon taking a glance of who is relatively young, good, and locked up to a decent contract.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Trading a pending RFA for a defender with 2 years left, makes no sense for Carolina. Pass
well will Carolina have a better chance to win in 3 years? or is their best window in the next 2?
could also extend. Andersson would be a nice player to target that gives a better chance to win now.

I understand if its a rental but its not

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Rasmus Andersson for Necas 1 for 1.

Carolina gets a #2 RD on a great contract to replace their pending UFA RD. Calgary gets a top-line RW and can sign him long term.

Fair value? Assuming Necas and Carolina can’t easily agree on an extension
You wasting your time dealing with Carolina. I put most of them on my ignore list. They way overvalue their players. Especially Necas

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Cool. Then you don't trade him.
Love Rasmus but he has 2 years left on his deal and will be 29 when it's done. We'll either have to pay him a lot on a long-term deal til he's 36 or risk losing him in FA. He's very good, a solid #2, but he isn't an untouchable piece very similar to Hanifin imo (but slightly more valuable because he's RHD). I don't want to make the same mistake with Rasmus and sell low when he's a rental when we can get a legit young top-6/potential top-line F. And a team like Carolina that is in win-now mode would be a great fit for him.

I also think we could sign someone llike Montour or Walker or Matt Roy to replace Rasmus (obviously a downgrade) easier than we can find a PPG forward.

Imo Necas is one of the few young dynamic forwards you consider this for. Also the fact that he could play C and would be an incredible fit with Zary imo if one of them can be a C. But I love Rasmus and would keep him for anything short of a potential PPG forward.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Love Rasmus but he has 2 years left on his deal and will be 29 when it's done. We'll either have to pay him a lot on a long-term deal til he's 36 or risk losing him in FA. He's very good, a solid #2, but he isn't an untouchable piece very similar to Hanifin imo (but slightly more valuable because he's RHD). I don't want to make the same mistake with Rasmus and sell low when he's a rental when we can get a legit young top-6/potential top-line F. And a team like Carolina that is in win-now mode would be a great fit for him.

I also think we could sign someone llike Montour or Walker or Matt Roy to replace Rasmus (obviously a downgrade) easier than we can find a PPG forward.

Imo Necas is one of the few young dynamic forwards you consider this for. Also the fact that he could play C and would be an incredible fit with Zary imo if one of them can be a C. But I love Rasmus and would keep him for anything short of a potential PPG forward.
So potentially signing Andersson at 29 longterm is a bad idea but replacing him with a 30 year old Montour on an expensive longterm deal is perfectly fine? That doesn't make sense.

Nothing against Necas but acquiring him, especially for Andersson, is just spinning the tires. A robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario. Even if he does play center it doesn't move the needle in making the Flames a real contender, especially when you're downgrading the defence to make it happen.

Only way I see Andersson moving is if he requests a trade this summer or refuses to sign an extension next summer. In either case, the Flames would be best served by targeting futures; something like Kulich from the Sabres if they're still interested.

Reactions: crackdown44

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
So potentially signing Andersson at 29 longterm is a bad idea but replacing him with a 30 year old Montour on an expensive longterm deal is perfectly fine? That doesn't make sense.

Nothing against Necas but acquiring him, especially for Andersson, is just spinning the tires. A robbing Peter to pay Paul scenario. Even if he does play center it doesn't move the needle in making the Flames a real contender, especially when you're downgrading the defence to make it happen.

Only way I see Andersson moving is if he requests a trade this summer or refuses to sign an extension next summer. In either case, the Flames would be best served by targeting futures; something like Kulich from the Sabres if they're still interested.
When you also get Necas out of it it makes sense imo. Then you can get great value for Rasmus and a competent replacement at a similar cap hit

I get that it’s kinda robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I think we can replace Rasmus with a marginal downgrade but with a huge upgrade at forward so it’s a big net positive. And imo Necas is a way better target than Kulich. You would only hope Kulich becomes a PPG W who can play C by age 25.

But it’s close and Rasmus is great so I definitely see the reasoning to keep him.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
As a Habs fan, i would love to trade for Andersson, to pair him with Hutson. If Calgary's going full rebuild, i think we can make a deal works. But i don't know what is the percieved direction Flames management will take so.

What would you guys want in return of Rasmus?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00