Confirmed with Link: Raphael Bussieres signed to Entry Level Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
From what I've seen and heard, he actually has quite a mean streak in him. Which is good.

I like the spirit he showed during the QMJHL playoffs, but I know his biggest criticism was physicality and consistency. I'm excited to hear how he plays in Iowa (still feels weird not saying Houston).

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm not as concerned with physical play as I am with good two-way players. Seen too many guys who are one or the other on the third line for my tastes.

Yep, contrary to popular belief, physicality and two-way play don't necessarily go hand in hand.

As much of a project pick as he might be, I like the combination of scoring ability, hustle and physical play that he's got. Let's hope he turns into a Clutterbuck with a better shot rather than a Gillies.

Also, I'm really hoping that Bulmer's injuries are not recurring ones, because he might still develop into a good bottom-sixer.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I know the ship has sailed, but...

Bussieres - Larsson - Graovac

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
From what I've heard, Bussieres isn't very physical... Neither is Haula.

Everything I've heard says that's a false notion. He's got a real mean streak to him. Like Burrows, without the dirty stupid crap that comes along with him.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if nothing else he's a younger Veillieux. guy with some swagger.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fletcher and Flahr like drafting those guys who can blur the grey area between the 2nd and 3rd lines.

When you're getting killed in a series because of the 3rd line of the opposition doing most of the scoring... you'd want guys who can blur those lines too. Good teams have the ability to pot goals from the lower lines.

Zaktar

Jul 30, 2012
Montana
I'm excited! I like him quite a bit so I'm glad he's got a contract now. It'd be neat to see him in a preseason game in the fall.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Watching him play in the Q this year, he's decent. Good hustle. I don't think he has the skill to produce much offensive at the pro level but he'll probably be a decent 3rd/4th line kind of guy. Could end up an AHL'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad